Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Top reasons I am excited about this season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain QB View Post
    So it's Ben's fault he can't always bail the team out on third and long after the running game fails? It's his fault he can't bail them out in the last minute of the game because the Steelers were enamored with time of possession in a scoring league?

There are many issues on the team - Ben isn't one of them. Trying to say otherwise is just pretending.
    I didn't say it was all Ben's fault, I stated that some of the question marks rest on Ben's shoulders. Ben may be the least of the question marks, but he is one of the question marks, not physically, but mentally, see the last year's Cowboys and Bengals games, those were brain cramps by Ben.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I didn't say it was all Ben's fault, I stated that some of the question marks rest on Ben's shoulders. Ben may be the least of the question marks, but he is one of the question marks, not physically, but mentally, see the last year's Cowboys and Bengals games, those were brain cramps by Ben.

Pappy
    Ben was playing CRIPPLED.. but even then, thats better than what any of the back ups could do.. you realize he came back early from a SERIOUS injury wearing a heavy vest? BB isn't the problem.. so much as his health was.. Heez a winner. He wasn't the same player when he came back tho.. his confidence was shook.. He admitted.. Can't fault the guy for that..
    Black N' Gold Til' I'm Dead N' Cold...
    [url=http://img203.imageshack.us/i/32023126285034060670100.jpg/]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4...4060670100.jpg[/url]
    [url=http://img19.imageshack.us/i/steelertowngal.jpg/]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/107...lertowngal.jpg[/url]
    We don't have any cheerleaders but we do have a few of these \m/...

Legend

User Info Menu

I think was this thread is telling you Shawn is that you are not allowed to be excited for this season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I think was this thread is telling you Shawn is that you are not allowed to be excited for this season.
    I'm now utterly depressed about the season. I'm glad Crash brought me back down to earth.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I'm now utterly depressed about the season. I'm glad Crash brought me back down to earth.
    Thus the name "Crash" (no matter what he calls himself today)

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LordVile View Post
    Ben was playing CRIPPLED.. but even then, thats better than what any of the back ups could do.. you realize he came back early from a SERIOUS injury wearing a heavy vest? BB isn't the problem.. so much as his health was.. Heez a winner. He wasn't the same player when he came back tho.. his confidence was shook.. He admitted.. Can't fault the guy for that..
    Agreed, Ben played broken up. Who can fault him for not looking like himself? I can't.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain QB View Post
    So it's Ben's fault he can't always bail the team out on third and long after the running game fails? It's his fault he can't bail them out in the last minute of the game because the Steelers were enamored with time of possession in a scoring league?

There are many issues on the team - Ben isn't one of them. Trying to say otherwise is just pretending.
    You are finally RIGHT but miss the reasons WHY.

We are too dependent on Ben.
    In my disputes with Crash I always pointed to BALANCE as key.
    Having invested in the RUN GAME with interior line picks and a RB hopefully THAT changes, which will be key to turning this around.

Of course "Captain QB" would understand the obvious logic of this.
    Crash on the other hand would not.

So please Captain QB do you agree that we need more balance?
    Or perhaps you are indeed Crash and will put up some silly argument to counter what I've said.

BTW, I do like the new name....."Captain" puts you in elite company.

Of course I took the name "Captain Lemming" because you... I mean ahem "Crash" would routinely call me a "Lemming" for defending the Steelers.

Now YOU call yourself Captain QB ....and you defend the QB no matter what.......just like our friend Crash would.

I do see the parallel, and YES I do take credit for the appropriate nickname you have chosen.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher