Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 57

Thread: Top reasons I am excited about this season.

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Captain QB, you do realize Haley took the pathetic 2-14 Chiefs and turned them around in just two seasons right? AFC West title...not too bad when you have Matt Cassell as your QB.
    Yes, and I also realize at the time the AFC West itself was pathetic and they got their asses kicked right out of the playoffs by the Ravens. Besides, he got fired from KC the next season. Some job he did.

  2. #12
    Still, to take a team with that little of talent, coming off a 2-14 season and make them a playoff contendor says something in my book. He got fired the next season because of two reasons...one the cheifs got very unlucky injuries including to their starting QB...second personality conflicts with the front office. Haley has proven he can coach with talent, and without talent.

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Still, to take a team with that little of talent, coming off a 2-14 season and make them a playoff contendor says something in my book. He got fired the next season because of two reasons...one the cheifs got very unlucky injuries including to their starting QB...second personality conflicts with the front office. Haley has proven he can coach with talent, and without talent.
    Firstly, they came off a 4-12 season, not 2-14. Second, he didn't just have conflicts with the Chiefs' front office, he had conflicts with the players and the assistant coaches. Third, how has he proven it? From winning one of the worst divisions in football once?

    I know Stiller fans are scared to death to criticize a move made by Art Rooney II, but I swear you won't get struck by lightning. You might get struck by a car, but that's got nothing to do with criticizing Art. That's probably just because some yinzers had too much to drink.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain QB View Post
    Firstly, they came off a 4-12 season, not 2-14. Second, he didn't just have conflicts with the Chiefs' front office, he had conflicts with the players and the assistant coaches. Third, how has he proven it? From winning one of the worst divisions in football once?

    I know Stiller fans are scared to death to criticize a move made by Art Rooney II, but I swear you won't get struck by lightning. You might get struck by a car, but that's got nothing to do with criticizing Art. That's probably just because some yinzers had too much to drink.
    So, he takes one team to the Super Bowl, another to their first playoffs since like 2003 and you just brush that off. That is fine, I won't beat my head against this wall...believe what you will.

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    So, he takes one team to the Super Bowl, another to their first playoffs since like 2003 and you just brush that off. That is fine, I won't beat my head against this wall...believe what you will.
    I'd give Whiz more credit for what the Cardinals did in 2008 than Haley. Wouldn't you say he had something to do with it since you know, he was the head coach and also an offensive mind.

    As for what he did with the Chiefs, it was one year in a god awful division. Oh, and guess what NFC division the AFC West played that year...... the NFC West. You know, the same year it sent the 7-9 Seahawks to the playoffs.

    Believe what you will.

  6. #16
    Once again, Captain Crash makes himself heard...

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Once again, Captain Crash makes himself heard...
    I guess anybody who disagrees with Slapstick must be this crash guy. Lets be adults here.

    Whoever he is, he obviously got in your head.

  8. #18
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,391
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain QB View Post
    I'd give Whiz more credit for what the Cardinals did in 2008 than Haley. Wouldn't you say he had something to do with it since you know, he was the head coach and also an offensive mind.

    As for what he did with the Chiefs, it was one year in a god awful division. Oh, and guess what NFC division the AFC West played that year...... the NFC West. You know, the same year it sent the 7-9 Seahawks to the playoffs.

    Believe what you will.
    AZ had Warner, Fitz, and Boldin. It's pretty tough to screw that up. Their offense was about the players and not the coaches.

    KC had a good OLine and RBs and some good young defenders. Overall they had a decent team effort, but their offense was average in the NFL overall and they played in a weak division.

    So I'm in agreement that Haley hasn't proven anything. Except that he has a hard time getting along with everyone. And this showed up in his relationship with Ben in year 1 even though they seemed to have some success. But I'd expect Ben to have success no matter who the OC might be.

    At the end of the year, Ben was still hurt. And there was no running game. I thought Ben's health and the running game were Haley's top priorities. I think the jury is still out on Haley at this point. The one positive I see is he seems to be coming around to the fact that getting along with Ben is the only thing that's gonna make this work.

    At the end of the day, Haley just needs to let Ben be Ben. And that might be the hardest thing to do with a guy that has so much success thru improvising. Ben's just different. He's gotta be tough to coach to a degree. Especially because he doesn't fit in the typical mold and it's never easy to figure out why he has the success he has.

    BA got a lot of crap for letting Ben do his thing. But I think he got it that it just has to be that way to be successful. Everything I've heard this year points to Haley starting to get it too.

  9. #19
    Pro Bowler thor75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Greeley, CO
    Posts
    1,032
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post





    The one positive I see is he seems to be coming around to the fact that getting along with Ben is the only thing that's gonna make this work.

    At the end of the day, Haley just needs to let Ben be Ben.

    .
    Letting Ben be Ben gets you Leftwich and Batch. And how long did Ben hold the ball on the play he got injured?

    I also disagree with your sentiment that Haley is the one to blame for the discord early in the season with Ben. I don't think Ben bought into the change like other professionals imo.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    AZ had Warner, Fitz, and Boldin. It's pretty tough to screw that up. Their offense was about the players and not the coaches.

    KC had a good OLine and RBs and some good young defenders. Overall they had a decent team effort, but their offense was average in the NFL overall and they played in a weak division.

    So I'm in agreement that Haley hasn't proven anything. Except that he has a hard time getting along with everyone. And this showed up in his relationship with Ben in year 1 even though they seemed to have some success. But I'd expect Ben to have success no matter who the OC might be.

    At the end of the year, Ben was still hurt. And there was no running game. I thought Ben's health and the running game were Haley's top priorities. I think the jury is still out on Haley at this point. The one positive I see is he seems to be coming around to the fact that getting along with Ben is the only thing that's gonna make this work.

    At the end of the day, Haley just needs to let Ben be Ben. And that might be the hardest thing to do with a guy that has so much success thru improvising. Ben's just different. He's gotta be tough to coach to a degree. Especially because he doesn't fit in the typical mold and it's never easy to figure out why he has the success he has.

    BA got a lot of crap for letting Ben do his thing. But I think he got it that it just has to be that way to be successful. Everything I've heard this year points to Haley starting to get it too.
    AZ had Warner, Fitz and Boldin after Haley left and didn't make it back to the SB...Ben can be Ben, but that can't be the entire playbook...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •