Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Top reasons I am excited about this season.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain QB View Post
    Actually, the OP did predict them to have a Super Bowl run this year. Listening to what some people say on this board and other Steelers forums, there's this chip on the Steelers' shoulder that will magically carry them into Super Bowl contention after a let-down season last year. I'm merely trying to pull some of you back down to earth.

There's a lot of question marks on this team right now, and I can't blame anyone for predicting the Steelers end up being 3rd in the division again. Now, some of those question marks could turn into positives and the Steelers could have a good season, plus the Ravens had a lot of turnover in the offseason, and in the past the Bengals have always crashed and burned when expectations were high. However, just to assume they'll have a better season based on a chip on their shoulder or because their the Steelers and they can't have two bad seasons in a row is indeed presumptuous.
    who the hell made it your job to "pull some of us back to earth".. ?? damn JOY KILLER.. this is a "reasons to be excited" thread. go be miserable under a rock somewhere.. thanks..
    Last edited by LordVile; 07-28-2013 at 09:01 PM.
    Black N' Gold Til' I'm Dead N' Cold...
    [url=http://img203.imageshack.us/i/32023126285034060670100.jpg/]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4...4060670100.jpg[/url]
    [url=http://img19.imageshack.us/i/steelertowngal.jpg/]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/107...lertowngal.jpg[/url]
    We don't have any cheerleaders but we do have a few of these \m/...

Legend

User Info Menu

You sure sound like someone who has told me that before. Funny how the topic always changes to someone who was apparently banned. Kind of a childish way to carry on a conversation, don't you think?
    You sound more and more like cRash all the time

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    Because I apparently have a similar opinion as he did?

Doesn't take much to get mud thrown at you here it seems.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    he certainly does
    Black N' Gold Til' I'm Dead N' Cold...
    [url=http://img203.imageshack.us/i/32023126285034060670100.jpg/]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4...4060670100.jpg[/url]
    [url=http://img19.imageshack.us/i/steelertowngal.jpg/]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/107...lertowngal.jpg[/url]
    We don't have any cheerleaders but we do have a few of these \m/...

Legend

User Info Menu

Seriously, how many IP addresses does Crash have? You can ban names and/or ip addresses. And why would anyone want to post in a community that doesn't appreciate their genius?

Legend

User Info Menu

Actually, the OP did predict them to have a Super Bowl run this year. Listening to what some people say on this board and other Steelers forums, there's this chip on the Steelers' shoulder that will magically carry them into Super Bowl contention after a let-down season last year. I'm merely trying to pull some of you back down to earth.

There's a lot of question marks on this team right now, and I can't blame anyone for predicting the Steelers end up being 3rd in the division again. Now, some of those question marks could turn into positives and the Steelers could have a good season, plus the Ravens had a lot of turnover in the offseason, and in the past the Bengals have always crashed and burned when expectations were high. However, just to assume they'll have a better season based on a chip on their shoulder or because their the Steelers and they can't have two bad seasons in a row is indeed presumptuous.
    There are question marks on this team and Ben is one of them IMO. If he and Haley can work together and put a good offense on the field, if Ben can keep himself healthy and if Ben can eliminate the brain cramps at the wrong time the Steelers will have a great shot at being a playoff team.

If any one of those things doesn't happen the Steelers will have issues and any 2 out of 3 will certainly land them in 3rd of 4th place in the division. Like every other team, the Steelers rely on their quarterback to play very well. Ben is one of the best in the game, but there are some things he needs to do better and none of them are physical skills, they're all between the ears things that must improve.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    There are question marks on this team and Ben is one of them IMO. If he and Haley can work together and put a good offense on the field, if Ben can keep himself healthy and if Ben can eliminate the brain cramps at the wrong time the Steelers will have a great shot at being a playoff team.

If any one of those things doesn't happen the Steelers will have issues and any 2 out of 3 will certainly land them in 3rd of 4th place in the division. Like every other team, the Steelers rely on their quarterback to play very well. Ben is one of the best in the game, but there are some things he needs to do better and none of them are physical skills, they're all between the ears things that must improve.

Pappy
    So it's Ben's fault he can't always bail the team out on third and long after the running game fails? It's his fault he can't bail them out in the last minute of the game because the Steelers were enamored with time of possession in a scoring league?

There are many issues on the team - Ben isn't one of them. Trying to say otherwise is just pretending.

Administrator

User Info Menu

So it's Ben's fault he can't always bail the team out on third and long after the running game fails? It's his fault he can't bail them out in the last minute of the game because the Steelers were enamored with time of possession in a scoring league?

There are many issues on the team - Ben isn't one of them. Trying to say otherwise is just pretending.
    Did Ben not throw a horrendous pass against Dallas last year which cost us the game and likely the playoffs. The pass was a bad decision on Ben's part and that is only 1 example. Oh yea, Ben can't be blamed for anything either.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Did Ben not throw a horrendous pass against Dallas last year which cost us the game and likely the playoffs. The pass was a bad decision on Ben's part and that is only 1 example. Oh yea, Ben can't be blamed for anything either.
    I never said he's never made mistakes, but he wasn't anywhere close to being the main problem with the team last year. On a side note, I do think it's funny so many fans forgot about Brown's fumble on a punt return when the Steelers lead 24-17 in the Dallas game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Seriously, how many IP addresses does Crash have? You can ban names and/or ip addresses. And why would anyone want to post in a community that doesn't appreciate their genius?
    Because he has been kicked off of every other board out there

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.