Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Training Camp Battles

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    How about ZIGGY HOOD vs. CAMERON HEYWARD??? If you ask me Ziggy Hood has NOT proven to be the answer.
    NO DOUBT!

Ziggy is ripe for replacement! And Keisel (at his age) could use a breather. Heyward, a 2011 #1 pick, should be the top training camp battle. He has had MORE than enough to time show at least a glimpse of his worth. To date, he has shown NOTHING.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Heyward just has to put in the time...

If Aaron Smith were still on the roster, he would be the starter, regardless of how much he was injured or how Hood or Heyward played...that's just how Coach Mitchell operates...

Keisel is a stud and became a Pro Bowl player...but, no matter what he did during his limited playing time (remember the playoff game in Denver before XL?), he wasn't going to be a starter until they were getting rid of Kimo...

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Heyward just has to put in the time...

If Aaron Smith were still on the roster, he would be the starter, regardless of how much he was injured or how Hood or Heyward played...that's just how Coach Mitchell operates...

Keisel is a stud and became a Pro Bowl player...but, no matter what he did during his limited playing time (remember the playoff game in Denver before XL?), he wasn't going to be a starter until they were getting rid of Kimo...
    Keisel was a 7th round draft pick while Hood and Heyward are 1st rounders. Please tell me the last defensive player picked in the 1st round that didn't start by his 2nd season. Timmons is the only one I remember and that is because he changed positions from ROLB to RILB and he was hurt off and on for 2 years. IF Hood or Heyward don't start it is because they aren't getting it done.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

safety depth is beyond laughable. Why in the hell landry jones was selected over a phillip thomas baffles me.

I'm not a golden fan at all. Just don't get the hype around this guy. Hope lake proves me wrong.

the depth on this team is scary in a lot of p,aces, IMO.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Keisel was a 7th round draft pick while Hood and Heyward are 1st rounders. Please tell me the last defensive player picked in the 1st round that didn't start by his 2nd season. Timmons is the only one I remember and that is because he changed positions from ROLB to RILB and he was hurt off and on for 2 years. IF Hood or Heyward don't start it is because they aren't getting it done.
    If they played any other position, I would agree...but, tell me I'm wrong about Aaron Smith....