Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: William Gay...

Legend

User Info Menu

nickel only.. I fell for the Gay once, won't do it again.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    WG will make us all weep/curse numerous times throughout this season. If he's a starting CB, the team is screwed.
    Agreed. I don't want to see him covering ANY #1 or #2 WRs the whole year.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

I thought the Steelers were planning to move Tez in the slot in the nickle and put Gay on the outside?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I fell for the Gay once, won't do it again.
    not that there's anything wrong with that...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    WG will make us all weep/curse numerous times throughout this season. If he's a starting CB, the team is screwed.
    NO $H!+ Ghost! I don't know what these other guys are remembering! He was an unmitigated liability out there. That last year in PIT, he did seem to be lucky enough to be given a turnover or two (if I remember), but it is revisionist to say he did anything more.

Between him or Curtis Brown or me, I think I'd pick me. At least with me, the team knows its ridiculous weakness (and can adjust).

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post

Between him or Curtis Brown or me, I think I'd pick me. At least with me, the team knows its ridiculous weakness (and can adjust).
    That's pretty funny if it weren't so true

But I do remember him being effective off the corner blitz, making plays on balls when he was in position, and being a decent tackler. His problem was staying with some faster WRs and the Steelers cushion wasn't his friend. His skillset isn't that different than Deshea Townsend's. I think Lake can help him with being in positions to be successful. IMHO, if Lake can fix Lewis, he can fix just about anybody's weakness. Probably even yours

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    NO $H!+ Ghost! I don't know what these other guys are remembering! He was an unmitigated liability out there. That last year in PIT, he did seem to be lucky enough to be given a turnover or two (if I remember), but it is revisionist to say he did anything more.

That was as a starter, and I think everyone will agree. However, the previous year he was a nickel CB before BMac left for Pit West. In that role he was pretty good. Good enough to say that he was not a liability. I'd be fine with that guy.