Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mike Adams

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

Mike Adams

Heard on radio that Mike Adams may have initiated the fight in which he got stabbed. They were saying something about the story changing. I didn't get all the details? Anyone hear anything?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

either way, he got learned!!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

The defense claims he instigated the fight, the only part about his story that changed was that the guy with the gun didn't raise it above his waist and that he was in his truck and ate his Jimmy John's sandwich prior to the altercation, minor things...

Florio inspired drama...
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    The defense claims he instigated the fight, the only part about his story that changed was that the guy with the gun didn't raise it above his waist and that he was in his truck and ate his Jimmy John's sandwich prior to the altercation, minor things...

Florio inspired drama...
    So it's basically nothing. They were making it sound like something more on the radio. Guess they have to overhype everything and if you're starting with Florio...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    So it's basically nothing. They were making it sound like something more on the radio. Guess they have to overhype everything and if you're starting with Florio...
    Exactly Flip, he was the only one who reported it as far as I can see. I didn't read about it anywhere else.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Adams Bouncing Back Strong

By Jim Wexell
    SteelCityInsider.net
    Posted Aug 1, 2013

Adams, DeCastro (LeClaire/USA TODAY Sports)

Mike Adams was stabbed and missed six weeks of conditioning, but you wouldn't know it by watching him at St. Vincent College.

LATROBE – Mike Adams said he can’t talk about the night he was stabbed on the South Side, nor does the big, quiet, Steelers right tackle want to talk about much of anything else.

But the people around him are doing enough talking for him.

“He’s looking really good and he’s only going to get better,” said the man who lines up next to him, David DeCastro. “He’s still healing up. He’s still getting his legs back under him, because he didn’t do anything for five or six weeks, so the fact he’s playing the way he is now is good to see.”

“I think he’s doing pretty darn good,” said the man who lines up across from him, LaMarr Woodley. “Being stabbed and being in the hospital I’m sure took away from his time from working out. But I think he’s definitely getting back to where he needs to be.”

Woodley, in fact, was planted twice by Adams in one-on-one drills Monday. Adams pancaked Ziggy Hood in the next session on Wednesday.

Adams is showing more aggressiveness in his play than he did a year ago, and quicker feet and better body positioning. And he’s taking to the outside zone plays exactly as the coaching staff had hoped. After all, Adams was clearly an asset to the run game in his six rookie starts last season.

Critics still point out that his hand fighting needs to improve, and that his pass-blocking will continue to lag until those hands improve. Last year Adams was credited with having allowed 5 sacks in his limited action.

“I think I can definitely make some vast improvements in that this year,” said Adams, who feels he’s already made some improvements “just by going out every day and taking pass sets on the right side. I’m now comfortable doing that. Being predominantly left (tackle) my whole career, and then switching over, was something that was kind of difficult for me, but I think now I’ve got a good grasp of it.”

Of course, it didn’t help that he had to miss two weeks of spring practice and six weeks of conditioning after he was jumped by three men and stabbed in the abdomen in the wee hours of June 1 on the South Side of Pittsburgh.

But Adams reported to training camp with the rest of the team and hasn’t been given one rep, one lap, one pushup off as a form of precaution. In fact, he doesn’t even get an “atta boy” from the coach for his performance thus far “in light of what happened.”

“I’m not going to ever describe Mike Adams’ performance ‘in light of what happened,’” said Coach Mike Tomlin. “When the doctors told me he had a clean bill of health, that’s in our rearview mirror. I’m not going to judge him on a curve in regards to what happened. He’s here to play football, earn a job, and be a positive contributor to our efforts. He gets no extra credit for that.”

Adams will only say “I’m all good” and won’t discuss anything remotely connected to the incident. That was left up to his best friend, DeCastro, who awoke the morning after the stabbing to an explanatory text.

“Man, I was shocked. And I was disappointed and saddened,” said DeCastro. “It was just so senseless. That’s what I didn’t get. I couldn’t grasp why. I was glad he was OK. That was the saving grace of it all.”

The other saving grace might be that the two linemen who were picked back-to-back to open last year’s Steelers draft, and who’ve ended up starting next to each other to start this camp, have developed an even thicker bond.

“We’re good buddies, really good friends off the field,” DeCastro said.

“It’s good to be next to each other. We get along well, communicate well, so I’m glad to be able to play next to him.”

DeCastro feels that this line, made up of five players who’ve never started a game together, will mesh quickly, in spite of traditional logic that says offensive lines need at least a year together to become cohesive.

“I think as you get older and into the NFL it takes less time because you’re experienced,” DeCastro said. “Maybe in college it would be a little different. We’re all experienced guys. We know the offense now, and we’re older now, in our second year. It’ll be good.”

“That offensive line, they’ve got a tight group,” Woodley said. “Man, I think they’re going to be great.”

[URL]http://pit.scout.com/2/1312115.html[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Woodley, in fact, was planted twice by Adams in one-on-one drills Monday. Adams pancaked Ziggy Hood in the next session on Wednesday.
    Its like watching our defense in a game from last season.
    Wonder which side teams will have success running against us AGAIN

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Starter

User Info Menu

“That offensive line, they’ve got a tight group,” Woodley said. “Man, I think they’re going to be great.”

[URL]http://pit.scout.com/2/1312115.html[/URL][/QUOTE]

According to Merrill Hoge, Ben says he thinks this might be the best OLine he has had yet. I heard that comment in a video posted by Jamison Hensley at ESPN.com. And then Hoge went on to say that if Ben is right about the OLine, he (Hoge) is picking us to win the AFC North and be a major concern for the other contenders this year for the title.

If it does take a year for OLines to come together, maybe they will be hitting their stride just as we hit the playoffs, and we will be the team that gets hot at the right time and wins it all.

Legend

User Info Menu

As sad and unfortunate of an incident it was, I believe that it will go down as the turning point in his football career. Adams has been described as immature and lazy. He has had a lot of questions surrounding his commitment to be the best that he can be. I think this is where he puts down the joint and picks up the playbook as he now realizes how fleeting it all is.

Legend

User Info Menu

he may have initiated it, but the defense HAS to say he did to make it look like the sh!tbags were defending themselves