Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jaworski ranks Flacco and Ryan better than Ben???

Legend

User Info Menu

Well, Jaws' career as an analyst isn't exactly ascending...who cares what he says?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    All of them were better than Ben last year. How do you fault Jaws' assessment?
    Ben played in 13 games behind another porous line with no running game. He recorded 26 TDs, 8 INTs, 251 YPG, and a 97.0 QB rating.

Flacco played all 16 games, with a top line after they re-shuffled, and one of the best backs in the game taking the heat off of him. He recorded 22 TDs, 10 INTs, 239 YPG, and a 87.7 QB rating

Don't tell me about the SB ring, if Rahim Moore catches an EASY pick then they don't win a thing. Flacco threw balls up all playoff long that could easily have been picked, especially in that Denver game. IMO the biggest mistaken signing this off-season will be the Ravens tying up Flacco for huge dollars. I see them disappointing many this upcoming season...just not Steeler fans.

Legend

User Info Menu

They were talking about this list on DC radio this morning. The thought was that Jaws was ranking how he thought the QBs are, going into this season, based on what they did last season.

In the end, it's just a list and just a guess from a guy that knows a decent amount about QBs. Nothing to get too excited over. Any one of these QBs can get on a hot streak and prove the list wrong.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Jaws LOL
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Brady, Ben, and Eli are the only ones with multiple rings. I disregard Brady's cause of spygate. That leaves either Ben or Eli as the #1 QB in my book. Ben and Eli are so different, it's nearly impossible to compare the 2.

What's really interesting about the rankings is there are hardly an bad QBs anymore. Nearly every team except for about 5 or 6 have a decent QB. To me, this says the NFL should start slanting some rules in the favor of defense to help the QBs separate their play a little.

Jaws had Ponder at 27 and Bradford at 22. I'd be happy as a fan of a team with one of those guys as my QB. I only saw one game of Ponder's but he looked like he had the clutch gene in him from what I could tell. And I've seen Bradford a couple times and he looks like a natural at QB with 0 talent around him. I think Jeff Fisher was really smart going to St Louis and they can turn that thing around quick.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Brady, Ben, and Eli are the only ones with multiple rings. I disregard Brady's cause of spygate. That leaves either Ben or Eli as the #1 QB in my book. Ben and Eli are so different, it's nearly impossible to compare the 2.

What's really interesting about the rankings is there are hardly an bad QBs anymore. Nearly every team except for about 5 or 6 have a decent QB. To me, this says the NFL should start slanting some rules in the favor of defense to help the QBs separate their play a little.

Jaws had Ponder at 27 and Bradford at 22. I'd be happy as a fan of a team with one of those guys as my QB. I only saw one game of Ponder's but he looked like he had the clutch gene in him from what I could tell. And I've seen Bradford a couple times and he looks like a natural at QB with 0 talent around him. I think Jeff Fisher was really smart going to St Louis and they can turn that thing around quick.
    I'm interested in seeing Bradford with the two WVU WR's.
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I just don't see Flaco that high at all. Ryan rated high..... well he is right there, better then Ben I would say no but close. With Ryan what he has is 3 special guys to throw to so that should be factored into the evaluation.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    I just don't see Flaco that high at all. Ryan rated high..... well he is right there, better then Ben I would say no but close. With Ryan what he has is 3 special guys to throw to so that should be factored into the evaluation.
    Matt Ryan has an embarrassment of riches on offense, but was only marginally more efficient than Roethlisberger last season. Even Michael Turner, during his "disappointing" season, had more rushing yards than any Steelers RB, and more TD runs than all Steelers RBs combined. And there's no question that the Falcons had a better offensive line, better WRs, and better health, for that matter. All that helped Matt Ryan to a 99.1 rating last season, versus 97.0 for Roethlisberger. Furthermore, Matt Ryan has committed multiple turnovers in four of his five career playoff games. He takes worse care of the ball than Roethlisberger does. Roethlisberger is still the better QB.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Backup

User Info Menu

So apparently Joe Flacco and Matt Ryan are better than Ben, Drew Brees, and Eli.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain QB View Post
    So apparently Joe Flacco and Matt Ryan are better than Ben, Drew Brees, and Eli.
    Obviously, we can't take Jaws' rankings seriously.