Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jaworski ranks Flacco and Ryan better than Ben???

Starter

User Info Menu

Jaworski ranks Flacco and Ryan better than Ben???

He ranks Ben #7 overall. He still hasn't ranked Flacco, Ryan, Brady, Brees, Peyton, and Rogers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Sean O'Hara was on NFLN the other day and was asked if Ben is a lock for the HOF. His comment was something along the lines of he needs to win one more SB, maybe two to be considered a lock. Really?? It takes four rings to get in? Some people just can't see through their own ridiculous biases.

At least we don't have to listen to those who tout Rivers and Romo anymore.

Backup

User Info Menu

Once Jaws put Matt Schaub in his list of top 10 QBs, I stopped paying attention to it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Sean O'Hara was on NFLN the other day and was asked if Ben is a lock for the HOF. His comment was something along the lines of he needs to win one more SB, maybe two to be considered a lock. Really?? It takes four rings to get in? Some people just can't see through their own ridiculous biases.

At least we don't have to listen to those who tout Rivers and Romo anymore.
    He is probably right because many QBs are putting up gaudy statistics that Ben hasn't matched in his career. Ben therefore has to blow them away with championship rings. Plus Ben will always deal with the "Bad ben" reputation for the accused missteps that many will never forgive Ben for.

Plus Ben has to deal with the anti-Steelers bias that seems to be part of the current voters psyche who believe there are "too many" Steelers in the HoF. Just look at Dermintti Dawson's journey. Hines Ward and Bettis will face the same problem along with any future Steeler not named Troy Polamalu who has become a media icon immediately recognizable because of the hair and commercial success. IMO Ben, Jerome and Hines may not get in until voted in by the veterans.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    He ranks Ben #7 overall. He still hasn't ranked Flacco, Ryan, Brady, Brees, Peyton, and Rogers.
    All of them were better than Ben last year. How do you fault Jaws' assessment?

Backup

User Info Menu

Ben doesn't get the respect because he is so unconventional, we all know that. But, ex Qbs and talking heads always steer towards the the more conventional pocket passer standing tall in the saddle and delivering the perfect throwing motion. The new wave of Qb's, at least from last years draft and the future will start to change some attitudes. But the older traditionalist will always lean toward the Mannings and such. Not saying Ben is before his time, guys like Tarkington, Flutie lead the way. But Ben is the only one like them that stands 6'5" and does what they did, so nobody knows how to rate him. Just my .5 sense worth.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    He is probably right because many QBs are putting up gaudy statistics that Ben hasn't matched in his career. Ben therefore has to blow them away with championship rings. Plus Ben will always deal with the "Bad ben" reputation for the accused missteps that many will never forgive Ben for.

Plus Ben has to deal with the anti-Steelers bias that seems to be part of the current voters psyche who believe there are "too many" Steelers in the HoF. Just look at Dermintti Dawson's journey. Hines Ward and Bettis will face the same problem along with any future Steeler not named Troy Polamalu who has become a media icon immediately recognizable because of the hair and commercial success. IMO Ben, Jerome and Hines may not get in until voted in by the veterans.
    I agree 100%. They will all have a difficult time getting in.

Ben better be listening to all the nay sayers.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    All of them were better than Ben last year. How do you fault Jaws' assessment?
    Depends on how Jaws looks at these QBs. Is he looking at the past season only, or over their entire careers?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain QB View Post
    Depends on how Jaws looks at these QBs. Is he looking at the past season only, or over their entire careers?
    If I recall it is the best QBs in the NFL...NOW! Not over the past 5-7 years. So far I think his list is pretty accurate. If Ben keeps missing 3-4 games per year I wouldn't put him Top 5 either. Ben needs to get a whole lot smarter about how he plays because when he is out it hurts his team and as we saw last year he doesn't come back from injuries and perform to the same level he use to.

Starter

User Info Menu

If it's ranked strictly on last season, then it's a dumb list. If that were the case, RGIII and Kapernick would be top 4. If you're ranking the best QB's in the NFL, Roethlisberger is absolutely better than Ryan and Flacco and I can make an argument as him being better than Brees. For me, I'd be fine with Ben ranked 4th overall behind Rogers, Brady and Peyton.

Jaws is a South Jersey guy, and has always loved Flacco and Ryan (who are both not-coincidentally from South Jersey). I call BS.