Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Pouncey twins support Hernandez

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

On Fox but not CNN or USATODAY [url]http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/jogger-says-he-was-attacked-in-retaliation-for-zimmerman-verdict-2.html[/url]
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

6 black teens beat this Ohio man to death cause they were bored last year this time. You ever hear of this?

[url]http://www.fox19.com/story/22829274/north-college-hill-boredom-beating-victim-pat-mahaney-dies[/url]
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    6 black teens beat this Ohio man to death cause they were bored last year this time. You ever hear of this?

[URL]http://www.fox19.com/story/22829274/north-college-hill-boredom-beating-victim-pat-mahaney-dies[/URL]
    Nope.

I believe that the reason we heard all about the Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman case is because some folks in high places wanted to use it to advance an agenda.

Why was the Justice Dept. involved helping with the demonstrations against GZ in the days following TM's death?
    [URL="http://theweek.com/article/index/246804/did-the-justice-department-incite-the-2012-trayvon-martin-protests"]
    [/URL]This is outrageous conduct on the part of our Justice Dept., and ought to warrant Congressional investigation.

Look up The Daily Caller, July 10, 2013, "Docs: Justice Department facilitated anti-Zimmerman protests".
    Last edited by BradshawsHairdresser; 07-17-2013 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Link now takes you to a different article

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    if you think your'e being followed, how do you prove it? you walk a unlikely, uncommon path. if that includes walking through yards to see if the follower FOLLOWS, then so be it.

once i prove i AM being followed, I'm not likely to wait and see what the creepy dude is up to... cuz after all, profiling goes both ways - and GZ fits the "serial killer" profile. Now that I've proven that i was minding my business and he IS following me, I don't know if he's waiting for his opportunity or what, but, I'm not going to let that happen... as soon as he's close enough, I'm going to punch him right in the nose. period.

At that point, it's MY self defense from the psycho killer following me.
    this whole thing is f'd up on a lot of levels. maybe we should do psychological testing before we allow people to carry guns, not just background checks. there's so many knuckleheads in the world. i'd personally like if less of them had guns. maybe passing a detailed psych test and showing no tendencies of mental issues plus having a 150+ IQ could be part of the baseline qualifier to owning a gun?

maybe people on neighborhood watches shouldn't have guns. they aren't cops. and they are likely going to be in a bad situation like this if they are doing their job. and they don't really have training. think of how much cleaner this would be if he even had a taser with one of those cameras on it that can record everything. maybe they could rewrite the laws that if you shoot someone and don't have video proof that your life was in danger, you are guilty? whatever it takes. it would force people into tasers with cameras. why would anyone want to carry a gun when tasers are available anyway? heck, dog the bounty hunter doesn't use real guns and he's often going after bad people with real criminal histories that are more likely to have a weapon. if pepper spray and tasers are good enough for Dog, why not be good enough for Zimmerman types?

i don't blame the kid for attacking zimmerman. we'd have all probably done the same thing if some crazy guy with a gun was pursuing us through yards. and btw, in my neighborhood, there's always teenagers taking short cuts through yards. They are lazy. It's no big deal. It's normal.

The other thing that jumps out at me was TM was high on weed. I've seen enough pot heads to realize they don't cause problems. These are the most relaxed people on the planet. You could probably hit a guy on weed and odds are he'd laugh and wouldn't hit you back. You'd have to do something significant to bring him down and put him in attack mode. Drunks fight. Pot heads chill.

Then WTF is wrong with TM's parents? I've heard black friends say if there were black crimes in their neighborhood, they're telling their kids to be home at supper time way before dark. I've heard some reaction that "I'd have never let my kid out that late. Kids should be home before the sun goes down."

At the end of the day, I don't see this as a race thing. It's about a teenage boy being killed by an overzealous adult. Zimmerman is under 30. I don't think racism exists in people under 40 or so, but definitely under 30. So this is just another bad interpretation.

At the end of the day, unfortunately, I think the jurors got it right. But it feels like a technicality.

I've volunteered in prisons working with people that have committed every kind of crime you can imagine. And I've heard from several guys who shot someone, that it's worse not getting convicted that getting caught and arrested. Either way, these guys live lives of self imprisonment. And at least in jail, they are able to let go of the worry/guilt a little better. So in reality, TM probably got more justice than anyone realizes.

And I know TM is dead, but he also shouldn't have resorted to violence at all. Everyone f'd up a little in this fiasco.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Obviously, it begs the question whether he actually regrets it because it was a bad decision... or just because people are telling him it was wrong.

On another note,can we drop this Trayvon Martin/Zimmerman cr@p?

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Maurkice Pouncey regrets wearing 'Free Hernandez' hat

By Rodger Sherman on Jul 15 2013

One of the Pouncey brothers photographed in a pro-Aaron Hernandez hat says he regrets his decision.

Pittsburgh Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey has apologized for an incident where he and his brother, Miami Dolphins center Mike, were photographed wearing "Free Hernandez" hats at a co-birthday party Saturday night.

Pouncey, an All-Pro and Pro Bowler in each of his three NFL seasons, tweeted out an apology for his choice of message, although he chose not to mention Aaron Hernandez, with whom the brothers played at Florida, by name:

I fully recognize the seriousness of the situation involving my former teammate, and I regret that my actions appear to make light of that serious situation. I apologize to anyone who was offended by my actions.

Mike Pouncey has issued no statement about the hats. While Pouncey apologized for seeming to "making light" of the situation, he doesn't really have much to say about the controversial part of the hat -- that he's saying Aaron Hernandez, who very well may have killed a person, should be out of prison, choosing to avoid any statement about his ex-teammate's situation besides that its very serious. Or maybe implying Hernandez should be free is the joke Pouncey is apologizing for? Regardless, he's trying to be contrite after an unnecessarily awkward situation he put himself into.

Although Hernandez is obviously considered innocent until proven guilty by the justice system, the NFL has been quick to disassociate from Hernandez, with the Patriots offering a Hernandez jersey exchange, and the league stripping his player page from their website and removing a photo of him from the Hall of Fame.

[URL]http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/7/15/4525648/maurkice-pouncey-apology-aaron-hernandez-hat[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

SoD, you can't legally beat someone for following you. It's not illegal to follow someone. So, if the guy is "creepy" and you believe you are being followed...then you call the police. In TM case, any reason he didn't believe he couldnt outrun the overweight creepy guy? Punching a stranger in the nose is not bright on multiple levels...I would call the police and run.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Nope.

I believe that the reason we heard all about the Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman case is because some folks in high places wanted to use it to advance an agenda.

Why was the Justice Dept. involved helping with the demonstrations against GZ in the days following TM's death?
    [URL="http://theweek.com/article/index/246804/did-the-justice-department-incite-the-2012-trayvon-martin-protests"]http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/10/doj-provided-security-for-anti-zimmerman-protests/

[/URL]This is outrageous conduct on the part of our Justice Dept., and ought to warrant Congressional investigation.
    The agenda to which you speak of is without a doubt gun control. A lot of people have been like sheep in the Zimmerman case because they've been manipulated by the media to believe that this case was somehow more important than many others. It simply wasn't.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    SoD, you can't legally beat someone for following you. It's not illegal to follow someone. So, if the guy is "creepy" and you believe you are being followed...then you call the police. In TM case, any reason he didn't believe he couldnt outrun the overweight creepy guy? Punching a stranger in the nose is not bright on multiple levels...I would call the police and run.
    I've been thinking about that. Either Martin was extremely easily set off and just came unglued at the sight of Zimmerman following him..... or.... Zimmerman said something or did something to set him off. I have a hard time believing that Martin just attacked because he was being followed. My guess is that Zimmerman said some things to Martin that made him snap.

Either way, both guys seem to welcome trouble, both found it and both paid a heavy price for it.

Legend

User Info Menu

If you we're stopped in a neighbor and questioned, would you beat the guy questioning you? Probably not. And that's why you would have survived an incident with GZ.
    When I was 17? Maybe... depends on how my day was going. I had a few incidents when I was in my teens but it was during a time when people were able to take an a#@$ whooping without pulling out a pistol.

Legend

User Info Menu

If Zimmerman attacked him first then I would think yes. But, you can't just beat someone who you believe is following you. If so, I could beat someone in line behind me at Wal Mart.
    lol..... you could and then you may get off by pleading insanity if it's in Florida.

That's the issue I have tho. GZ pursued TM after being told not to... that is a little different then standing in line. He "lost him" between houses which means he was aggressively chasing TM.

Crazy that they said the concrete was Trayvon's weapon. Pretty much means anytime you are in a fight and start to lose or fall on the ground you are defenseless. That's a big can of worms they are opening.

1 juror already signed a book deal and her husband is an attorney who is helping her write it... shady as hell IMO.