Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: Pouncey twins support Hernandez

Legend

User Info Menu

I believe there should be and eventually will be gun control regulations in the US. What's it going to take for people to come around, more mass shootings? More guns means more shootings. The type of guns available to the general public makes the violence more deadly.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yes let's take guns away from law abiding citizens. I'm sure the criminals will become less criminally and also give up there guns? Ever wonder why mass shootings take place in places that carrying a gun is illegal? These are the people that are going to take as many people out with them as they can. Only thing you can do in a school is hunker down, pray and wait.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    Yes let's take guns away from law abiding citizens. I'm sure the criminals will become less criminally and also give up there guns? Ever wonder why mass shootings take place in places that carrying a gun is illegal? These are the people that are going to take as many people out with them as they can. Only thing you can do in a school is hunker down, pray and wait.
    There is no need for law abiding citizens to have several guns in their homes. Nor is there a need for law abiding citizens to have "mass killing machines" in their homes.

Are you serious believing that mass shootings happen because it's illegal to carry a gun? If people had limited access to the "mass killing machines" then the opportunities for mass shootings would be limited. We are never going to get rid of "incidents" in our society. What we can do is limit the opportunities for incidents by taking the appropriate measures.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Individually, I'd like for responsible people to possess reasonable firearms, so I am not advocating that all guns be taken from averybody and anybody. The information I see tells me the status quo is not so good.

[URL]http://www.ibtimes.com/guns-kill-more-people-car-accidents-14-us-states-1119072[/URL]

[URL]http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/03/state-map-gun-suicides-traffic-deaths[/URL]

[URL]http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-12-19/american-gun-deaths-to-exceed-traffic-fatalities-by-2015.html[/URL]

[URL]http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2012/12/14/chart-the-u-s-has-far-more-gun-related-killings-than-any-other-developed-country/[/URL]

Starter

User Info Menu

QUOTE=birtikidis;566364]Yes let's take guns away from law abiding citizens. I'm sure the criminals will become less criminally and also give up there guns? Ever wonder why mass shootings take place in places that carrying a gun is illegal? These are the people that are going to take as many people out with them as they can. Only thing you can do in a school is hunker down, pray and wait.[/QUOTE]

Who's taking away guns? No one is taking away guns from law abiding citizens. That's like saying regulating alcohol or cigarettes is taking them away.

And last I checked, two of the worst mass shootings of the past 15 years happened in Colorado (Aurora, Columbine). A state where lots of people carry guns.

[URL]http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite/StatePatrol-Main/CBON/1251594549010[/URL][

Remember Jared Lee Loughner shooting up a Congresswoman and others in a parking lot? Arizona. No shortage of guns in AZ either.
    Last edited by steelsnis; 07-28-2013 at 09:11 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Yeah, I posted that earlier....and strangely we see almost the same conversation playing out..
    Those are downright hilarious. Chadman lives on Planet X. Australia has nothing in common with the US. You couldn't possibly understand anything about our culture

At the end of the day, it really does seem like the US is a culture of idiocracy. While the majority of people are really just like anyone from anywhere in the world, our gov't just doesn't frequently function in the best interests of the majority. I never really understood why we aren't able to copy the best policies around the world and integrate them easily into our society for the better. From guns to wars to healthcare to drugs to immigration and on and on, there's so many examples of countries that figured out how to make these issues work.

I think it's the ninja cops holding us back

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Individually, I'd like for responsible people to possess reasonable firearms, so I am not advocating that all guns be taken from averybody and anybody. The information I see tells me the status quo is not so good.

[URL]http://www.ibtimes.com/guns-kill-more-people-car-accidents-14-us-states-1119072[/URL]

[URL]http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/03/state-map-gun-suicides-traffic-deaths[/URL]

[URL]http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-12-19/american-gun-deaths-to-exceed-traffic-fatalities-by-2015.html[/URL]

[URL]http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2012/12/14/chart-the-u-s-has-far-more-gun-related-killings-than-any-other-developed-country/[/URL]
    I was surprised to hear someone on the radio recently saying the NRA has several million members and only about $20M that they spend on lobbying. I always imagined that they were the king of lobbying with infinite power to control everything. It's amazing to realize they're 1% of americans. I guess if 1% of americans control the majority of our countries wealth, it would make sense that 1% of americans get to control our gun laws.

An average NFL QB could outspend the NRA if he were inclined. I really was surprised how little money they have.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I was surprised to hear someone on the radio recently saying the NRA has several million members and only about $20M that they spend on lobbying. I always imagined that they were the king of lobbying with infinite power to control everything. It's amazing to realize they're 1% of americans. I guess if 1% of americans control the majority of our countries wealth, it would make sense that 1% of americans get to control our gun laws.

An average NFL QB could outspend the NRA if he were inclined. I really was surprised how little money they have.
    They have been very effective, obviously, with their limited funds. Now, if our government could be so efficient yet effective ...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Those are downright hilarious. Chadman lives on Planet X. Australia has nothing in common with the US. You couldn't possibly understand anything about our culture

At the end of the day, it really does seem like the US is a culture of idiocracy. While the majority of people are really just like anyone from anywhere in the world, our gov't just doesn't frequently function in the best interests of the majority. I never really understood why we aren't able to copy the best policies around the world and integrate them easily into our society for the better. From guns to wars to healthcare to drugs to immigration and on and on, there's so many examples of countries that figured out how to make these issues work.

I think it's the ninja cops holding us back

Obviously they made than Van Cleeve guy look as bad aspossible, but some of his responses were gold. How about the political advisor? "What makes a successful politician?" "Getting re-elected". "Really? What about passing legislation to improve the way of life", "Oh, yes...that too.."...

I voted for both Rob Borbidge (the Qld Premier that got voted out) & John Howard in those elections. It was a brave move, not very popular, but the right thing to do.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Obviously they made than Van Cleeve guy look as bad aspossible, but some of his responses were gold. How about the political advisor? "What makes a successful politician?" "Getting re-elected". "Really? What about passing legislation to improve the way of life", "Oh, yes...that too.."...

I voted for both Rob Borbidge (the Qld Premier that got voted out) & John Howard in those elections. It was a brave move, not very popular, but the right thing to do.
    I didn't think that Van Cleeve guy was real. He was too over the top ridiculous. He had to be in on the bit.