Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Pouncey twins support Hernandez

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    The other thing that jumps out at me was TM was high on weed. I've seen enough pot heads to realize they don't cause problems. These are the most relaxed people on the planet. You could probably hit a guy on weed and odds are he'd laugh and wouldn't hit you back. You'd have to do something significant to bring him down and put him in attack mode. Drunks fight. Pot heads chill.
    Where did you get the idea that TM was "high on weed"? The mainstream media. There weren't any facts presented to show that he was high on pot; the autopsy only showed trace amounts of THC in his system.

Interestingly, though, the Skittles and Arizona Watermelon Fruit Juice Cocktail drink that he carried that night are two of the ingredients that, when mixed with dextromethorphan cough syrup, create what is called "lean," a concocted high that is growing in popularity. With long-term use, "lean" causes psychosis and aggression...and Trayvon's autopsy showed liver damage consistent with long-term "lean" abuse.

Bet you didn't hear that in the mainstream media.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    I've been thinking about that. Either Martin was extremely easily set off and just came unglued at the sight of Zimmerman following him..... or.... Zimmerman said something or did something to set him off. I have a hard time believing that Martin just attacked because he was being followed.
    See my above post. While the "lean" scenario hasn't been proven in this case, it sure seems to fit.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Where did you get the idea that TM was "high on weed"? The mainstream media. There weren't any facts presented to show that he was high on pot; the autopsy only showed trace amounts of THC in his system.

Interestingly, though, the Skittles and Arizona Watermelon Fruit Juice Cocktail drink that he carried that night are two of the ingredients that, when mixed with dextromethorphan cough syrup, create what is called "lean," a concocted high that is growing in popularity. With long-term use, "lean" causes psychosis and aggression...and Trayvon's autopsy showed liver damage consistent with long-term "lean" abuse.

Bet you didn't hear that in the mainstream media.
    Interesting stuff I did not know. I just googled it.
    [url]http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2012/05/24/update-26-part-2-trayvon-martin-shooting-a-year-of-drug-use-culminates-in-predictable-violence/[/url]

I didn't realize it took him 53 minutes to go .6 miles in the rain from the time he left the 7-11. Any normal teenager woulda run home in 5 minutes if it was raining. This is really odd that no one in the media really talked about this. WTF?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Lots of opinions, but what it boils down to...not enough evidence to convict beyond a reasonable doubt. IMO, you had an over zealous neighborhood watch captain...strapped with opinions about young black males committing crimes in his neighborhood...based on recent events. He pursued TM with intent...not to kill but to question. He pursued, TM took issue to the questioning and beat the stuffing out of GZ. GZ pulls out a gun, truly fearing for his life and killed TM.

Personally, I believe two people showed poor judgment that night, and one died. GZ should have called police, and stayed in his car. If he does TM is alive. TM shouldn't have beat GZ...but answered his questions. If he had just answered the questions...said where he lived...waited for police etc whatever...he would be alive.

If you we're stopped in a neighbor and questioned, would you beat the guy questioning you? Probably not. And that's why you would have survived an incident with GZ.
    This pretty much nails it. George Zimmerman is not innocent or blameless in the situation. What he is, as a matter of law, is not guilty. The discussion on here shows that there was a lot of reasonable doubt, and the evidence and testimony likewise showed that there was reasonable doubt.

A founding principle in our justice system is that it is better for 10 guilty men to go free than for 1 innocent man to be imprisoned. Under the heavy burden on the prosecution, GZ was found not guilty.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    lol..... you could and then you may get off by pleading insanity if it's in Florida.

That's the issue I have tho. GZ pursued TM after being told not to... that is a little different then standing in line. He "lost him" between houses which means he was aggressively chasing TM.

Crazy that they said the concrete was Trayvon's weapon. Pretty much means anytime you are in a fight and start to lose or fall on the ground you are defenseless. That's a big can of worms they are opening.

1 juror already signed a book deal and her husband is an attorney who is helping her write it... shady as hell IMO.
    I agree with you. GZ showed poor judgment. He was told, "you dont have to do that" concerning following TM. He is carrying a gun, and got brave. He should have left it up to police, and if TM gets away so be it. He had to know confrontation wouldn't end well. How was he going to restrain TM? No, doubt in my mind GZ showed poor judgment and that poor judgment partially led to the death of a young man. With that said, I believe TM also played a role being hopped up on teenage testosterone, and irritated by the fact that someone was questioning him. I believe GZ addressed him accusingly, TM took issue and took it to the next level. Most likely two people made poor decisions. Was justice served? Does someone need to go to prison for TMs death? I'm not sure I have the answer to that. But, based on the evidence, I don't see a way you could convict beyond a reasonable doubt.

Legend

User Info Menu

Well, nothing like a good serious off-season discussion. For what it's worth, Chadman thinks your gun laws in the USA are nuts, but that's coming from an outsider. Pouncey is a tool- there's been a few times now where he's proven that- and hearing that he's developing into a 'team leader' is mildly concerning. It must be about time for some football to start.... but in the meantime, let's lighten the gun debate a little...
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    This pretty much nails it. George Zimmerman is not innocent or blameless in the situation. What he is, as a matter of law, is not guilty. The discussion on here shows that there was a lot of reasonable doubt, and the evidence and testimony likewise showed that there was reasonable doubt.

A founding principle in our justice system is that it is better for 10 guilty men to go free than for 1 innocent man to be imprisoned. Under the heavy burden on the prosecution, GZ was found not guilty.
    Always good to get an attorneys opinion on the subject.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I agree with you. GZ showed poor judgment. He was told, "you dont have to do that" concerning following TM. He is carrying a gun, and got brave. He should have left it up to police, and if TM gets away so be it. He had to know confrontation wouldn't end well. How was he going to restrain TM? No, doubt in my mind GZ showed poor judgment and that poor judgment partially led to the death of a young man. With that said, I believe TM also played a role being hopped up on teenage testosterone, and irritated by the fact that someone was questioning him. I believe GZ addressed him accusingly, TM took issue and took it to the next level. Most likely two people made poor decisions. Was justice served? Does someone need to go to prison for TMs death? I'm not sure I have the answer to that. But, based on the evidence, I don't see a way you could convict beyond a reasonable doubt.
    Shawn, well put. Neither one of these guys acted wisely. I don't think GZ considered that TM might turn on him and jump him; I don't think that TM considered that GZ might have a gun. If the "lean" scenario is correct, I don't doubt that TM would have killed GZ, and that once TM was on top of him, GZ was rightly fearful of losing his life. However, the whole thing could have been avoided if GZ had just stayed in his car and let the police handle it. I agree with you--based on the evidence, no way you could find GZ guilty of a crime beyond a reasonable doubt. Guilty of stupidity, yes. But not a crime. Furthermore, I think the Sanford PD realized this right away, and that is why they didn't arrest GZ. It was only because of the pressure, fomented by the Federal Government and the Media, that this case ever came to trial.
    Last edited by BradshawsHairdresser; 07-16-2013 at 11:27 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Shawn, well put. Neither one of these guys acted wisely. I don't think GZ considered that TM might turn on him and jump him; I don't think that TM considered that GZ might have a gun. If the "lean" scenario is correct, I don't doubt that TM would have killed GZ, and that once TM was on top of him, GZ was rightly fearful of losing his life. However, the whole thing could have been avoided if GZ had just stayed in his car and let the police handle it. I agree with you--based on the evidence, no way you could find GZ guilty of a crime beyond a reasonable doubt. Guilty of stupidity, yes. But not a crime. Furthermore, I think the Sanford PD realized this right away, and that is why they didn't arrest GZ. It was only because of the pressure, fomented by the Federal Government and the Media, that this case ever came to trial.
    I think the Stanford police dropped the ball and the police chief was terminated over not following proper procedure. Regardless of GZ's account normal procedure is to drug test the shooter. They never tested GZ.

One other thing....

Not sure why people are acting like Trayvon was 300 pounds of muscle and GZ was 100 pounds soaking wet. GZ trained for years at an MMA facility and is a good 275. How in the world does a 158 teenager get the best of him and whoop him so bad he feels like his life is threatened? Did GZ really look like his life was threatened? Big Ben looked worse when he was hit in the face and had his nose broke. GZ had scrapes.. a bloody nose. He didn't have a broken jaw or need stitches...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Well, nothing like a good serious off-season discussion. For what it's worth, Chadman thinks your gun laws in the USA are nuts, but that's coming from an outsider. Pouncey is a tool- there's been a few times now where he's proven that- and hearing that he's developing into a 'team leader' is mildly concerning. It must be about time for some football to start.... but in the meantime, let's lighten the gun debate a little...
    Our gun laws reflect our history and culture. You need to understand US history more and the fundamental belief that the people should have the ability to protect themselves from an oppressive central government. It probably is as hard for you understand that as it is for us to understand why you drive on the wrong side of the road.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"