Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pouncey twins support Hernandez

Backup

User Info Menu

Pouncey twins support Hernandez

If this is true, what a couple of jackasses....

[URL="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/14/pouncey-twins-show-their-support-for-hernandez/"]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/14/pouncey-twins-show-their-support-for-hernandez/[/URL]

Pouncey twins apparently show their support for Hernandez
    Posted by Mike Florio on July 14, 2013, 10:45 AM EDT

Less than two weeks after a Dolphins hat raised an unexpected stink for Colin Kaepernick, a Dolphin wearing a different kind of hat could be creating another.

Via Deadspin, a photo of what appears to be Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey and Dolphins center Mike Pouncey wearing “Free Hernandez” hats has surfaced on the Internet.

Both men played with Aaron Hernandez at the University of Florida. Both have had their names come up in connection with the unsolved September 2007 shooting that may or may not have involved Hernandez.

So the list of public Hernandez supporters apparently is now up to five: Deion Branch, Snoop Dogg, the ACLU, and the Pouncey twins.

A league source has confirmed conclusively that it’s the Pouncey twins in the photo. There’s still a chance (small as it may be) that the messages on the hats were digitally altered.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Twin knuckleheads.

Legend

User Info Menu

1dumb.jpg Crazy and stupid. It's not like AH is a political prisoner. Th guy is a murder suspect.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

those hats have been digitally altered, they look fake...

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Backup

User Info Menu

[URL="http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/40925-Pouncey-twins-support-Hernandez"]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/40925-Pouncey-twins-support-Hernandez[/URL]

Photographs of Pittsburgh Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey and Miami Dolphins center Mike Pouncey wearing ballcaps that say "Free Hernandez" began circulating on the Internet on Sunday. The photos, seen in multiple angles, do not appear to be digitally altered.

The Pouncey brothers, who are twins, played with former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez at the University of Florida. They were with Hernandez at the Venue nightclub in 2007 on the night of a shooting that left two men wounded. Hernandez was briefly questioned by police after the shooting, but at the time they did not see him as a suspect.

The Steelers are not commenting on the photos, but according to a source they plan to talk to Maurkice Pouncey about the photos. A source close to Mike Pouncey expects the Dolphins to have a similar talk with the team's starting center.

Hernandez is charged with the execution-style murder of 27-year-old semi-pro football player Odin Lloyd and is being held without bail. He has pleaded not guilty. The Patriots released the tight end last month after he was arrested.

Rookie

User Info Menu

I guess that I just don't understand the mindset of some of these players. I would think that with the Florida incident being questioned, that the Pouncey's would stay quiet, and as far away from an Aaron Hernandez association as possible.
    I wonder if they think that showing support for Hernandez makes them look tough, or gives them street cred? I just don't get it.....
    Any future endorsement deals, for the two of them, would have to be negatively impacted, by this foolish act of bravado.

Legend

User Info Menu

A couple of real dumbasses.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Because being charged with fist degree murder is something to joke about.... I understand they are grown men but if I was their father I would be calling immediately to tell them to remove their heads out of their a$$es.

ESPN reporting both Steelers and Phins are aware and will be having discussions with them. Its disheartening that they could not figure out on their own this was inappropriate.

Legend

User Info Menu

The more I learn about Maurkice as a person, the less I like him. Wonder what his trade value would be? I'm so glad now that we didn't get his twin brother. Don't get me wrong, Maurkice has been a good player, but so was Hernandez...I keep wondering when keeping Pouncey around is going to come back to bite us.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    The more I learn about Maurkice as a person, the less I like him. Wonder what his trade value would be? I'm so glad now that we didn't get his twin brother. Don't get me wrong, Maurkice has been a good player, but so was Hernandez...I keep wondering when keeping Pouncey around is going to come back to bite us.
    He does come off a jerk at times. I wonder if this lessens the Steelers desire to resign him to what would probably be the biggest OL contract in team history. I have to honestly say that I tend to be leaning towards them not resigning him unless this dumb crap he seems to do ends real quick.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"