Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 221

Thread: Pouncey twins support Hernandez

  1. #91
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,854
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I think the Stanford police dropped the ball and the police chief was terminated over not following proper procedure. Regardless of GZ's account normal procedure is to drug test the shooter. They never tested GZ.

    One other thing....

    Not sure why people are acting like Trayvon was 300 pounds of muscle and GZ was 100 pounds soaking wet. GZ trained for years at an MMA facility and is a good 275. How in the world does a 158 teenager get the best of him and whoop him so bad he feels like his life is threatened? Did GZ really look like his life was threatened? Big Ben looked worse when he was hit in the face and had his nose broke. GZ had scrapes.. a bloody nose. He didn't have a broken jaw or need stitches...
    The Sanford police were actually proven to had done everything right and the Chief was a scapegoat for the political elite who hijacked a local case and make it a national issue to fight gun control and appease political affiliates of the President's party.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  2. #92
    Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,678
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I think the Stanford police dropped the ball and the police chief was terminated over not following proper procedure. Regardless of GZ's account normal procedure is to drug test the shooter. They never tested GZ.

    One other thing....

    Not sure why people are acting like Trayvon was 300 pounds of muscle and GZ was 100 pounds soaking wet. GZ trained for years at an MMA facility and is a good 275. How in the world does a 158 teenager get the best of him and whoop him so bad he feels like his life is threatened? Did GZ really look like his life was threatened? Big Ben looked worse when he was hit in the face and had his nose broke. GZ had scrapes.. a bloody nose. He didn't have a broken jaw or need stitches...
    Completely false and is just another example of people not knowing the facts. Zimmerman, at the time of the incident was 5'9" and around 170 and Martin was 6'1" 160.

    http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/04/george-z/
    @_Hellgrammite

  3. #93
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,460
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Our gun laws reflect our history and culture. You need to understand US history more and the fundamental belief that the people should have the ability to protect themselves from an oppressive central government. It probably is as hard for you understand that as it is for us to understand why you drive on the wrong side of the road.
    At the rate of technological innovation, the 2nd amendment will eventually protect our right to have our own army of military robots/drones with nuclear weapons to defend ourselves. It will eventually lead to a cold war amongst individuals.

    The ultimate unsolvable problem will always be the randomness of the human condition. And most of us will face our eventual end like Tony Soprano and never see it coming. Obviously we're all not going to get shot in a diner with our families. But we'll live our lives and something we don't expect will get us. For most of us, it will likely be something like a Monsanto that will kill us via cancer/heart disease/etc. And even our own armies won't be able to protect us from threats we don't have the time to consider.

    Who's gonna protect us from ourselves? We are our own biggest threat. If our armies develop to the point of understanding the real threats, they might turn on us. Trying so desparately to stay in control and protect ourselves will probably be our downfall. Every empire falls. It's just a matter of time.

    Hopefully we win a couple more SuperBowls before then.

  4. #94
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,675
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Completely false and is just another example of people not knowing the facts. Zimmerman, at the time of the incident was 5'9" and around 170 and Martin was 6'1" 160.

    http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/04/george-z/
    I just threw 275 out there..

    police records had him at 195 not 170. Regardless... he is a grown azz man with grown azz muscles who took MMA training for years.

    ..and why do you keep putting up these links to sites with a clear slant/agenda? A quick google search shows more than a few sites with the Police stats of 5'8" and 200 pounds.

    How are we to believe you when you keep linking to sites with no credibility and crazy comment sections?
    Last edited by feltdizz; 07-16-2013 at 05:27 PM.

  5. #95
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,675
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    The Sanford police were actually proven to had done everything right and the Chief was a scapegoat for the political elite who hijacked a local case and make it a national issue to fight gun control and appease political affiliates of the President's party.
    conspiracy huh? You sound like a freaking loon right now.

    That police didn't do everything right....

    They didn't aggressively canvas the area for questioning
    They didn't cover the scene to protect it from rain
    They didn't test Zimmerman for drugs or alcohol
    They didn't impound or search his car that night
    They only took one photo of Zimmermans injuries at the scene.

    Appease political affiliates of the Presidents party... lol.... turn off Glen Beck and Michael Savage.

  6. #96
    Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,678
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I just threw 275 out there..

    police records had him at 195 not 170. Regardless... he is a grown azz man with grown azz muscles who took MMA training for years.

    ..and why do you keep putting up these links to sites with a clear slant/agenda? A quick google search shows more than a few sites with the Police stats of 5'8" and 200 pounds.

    How are we to believe you when you keep linking to sites with no credibility and crazy comment sections?
    3rd link that was there when googling 'george zimmerman size'. No agenda on my part man. You're the one throwing 80 extra pounds on the man. I had 3 buddies in college that joined a boxing gym for 2 years of 'boxing training'. It consisted of running on a treadmill, jumping rope, hitting bags, and lifting weights. After 3 years none of the bunch were any more skilled in fighting. Just because you 'train' in something doesn't mean you are good at it, especially something like getting in a real life fight where the bag attacks you.

    trayvon Martin had quite the extensive fist fight history, that wasn't allowed to be heard though.

    Also, click on any article about this with a comment section and every one of them is crazy, kind of like what this has become. People with different opinions on this. Have seen the white and hispanics somewhat split, leaning to the self defense for Zimmerman side. I have only seen one black person say they felt self defense for Zimmerman was justified.

    Nice to see as soon as someone points out your facts being wrong you start trying to paint them as racist though...posting all those 'crazy links'. I don't even know what the hell symbols or t- shirts or whatever you pointed out on the one link I accidentally posted up are or mean.
    Last edited by Mister Pittsburgh; 07-16-2013 at 06:51 PM.
    @_Hellgrammite

  7. #97
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,336
    not for nothing

    but i'll take 6'3 170 lbs over 5 '11 200 lbs in a fight any day.

    thats a big reach advantage, and once you're hit in the face...throw out the (little) weight advantage the other might have
    Last edited by NJ-STEELER; 07-16-2013 at 09:27 PM.

  8. #98
    Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,678
    How bout we all agree to agree, or agree to disagree, whichever, and get back to talking Steelers talk. I'd buy any of my Planetsteelers brethren a soda or beer anytime
    @_Hellgrammite

  9. #99
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,588
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Our gun laws reflect our history and culture. You need to understand US history more and the fundamental belief that the people should have the ability to protect themselves from an oppressive central government. It probably is as hard for you understand that as it is for us to understand why you drive on the wrong side of the road.

    You're right- difficult to understand. Can understand how your current gun laws reflect the history of the US. Much like Chadman is sure the current Italian laws cater for their ability to carry a sharp sword & feed Christians to lions etc..in order to reflect their history..

    The 'fundamental belief that people should be able to protect themselves from an oppressive government' is giving each individual the ability to shoot their non-government neighbour without pause. If your laws want to cater for the right to open rebellion against your government, that's ok, but it doesn't explain why anyone should feel the need to own an Uzi because the guy next door might be carrying a Magnum..

    Put it this way- it's more likely you'll get a pro-gun argument that talks about the need to protect 'your family against home invasion' than an argument that talks about the need to take out the government because they are oppressing the people.

    Maybe Chadman is looking at it the wrong way... but it all seems nuts all the same.

    Might go drive on the wrong side of the road to clear thy head...
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  10. #100
    Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    You're right- difficult to understand. Can understand how your current gun laws reflect the history of the US. Much like Chadman is sure the current Italian laws cater for their ability to carry a sharp sword & feed Christians to lions etc..in order to reflect their history..

    The 'fundamental belief that people should be able to protect themselves from an oppressive government' is giving each individual the ability to shoot their non-government neighbour without pause. If your laws want to cater for the right to open rebellion against your government, that's ok, but it doesn't explain why anyone should feel the need to own an Uzi because the guy next door might be carrying a Magnum..

    Put it this way- it's more likely you'll get a pro-gun argument that talks about the need to protect 'your family against home invasion' than an argument that talks about the need to take out the government because they are oppressing the people.

    Maybe Chadman is looking at it the wrong way... but it all seems nuts all the same.

    Might go drive on the wrong side of the road to clear thy head...
    The home protection aspect, and also hunting, are more what the gun laws are about. Our country was founded on principles where government was meant to be small and work for you. It wasn't created so you can have guns to protect your family and provide food from hunting. Lots of people eat only wild game and fish and grow their own vegetables.
    @_Hellgrammite

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •