Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: Pouncey twins support Hernandez

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    This is so ridiculous. A bunch of foreigners debating on U.S. law and how much of our rights we should have. Then more people that obviously have no idea what the stats are on anything. The FACT is that the collector with 500 guns haven't killed ANYONE!!! Name me ONE guy that has shot up a school that was an avid collector. Almost ALL the gun crimes are black on black thugs with stolen pistols NOT guys like me who have many guns.

But obviously many of you guys are content to take away millions of people's rights for nothing.

BTW how many of you have been shot at by a guy that had road rage? Anyone? How many of you have had the collector pull a gun on you? But let's throw away the founding documents because "YOU" are worried about something that has NEVER happened to you. Your "feelings" shouldn't be public policy. Damn people are getting ****ing stupid.
    Hmmm...The school shooting in Newtown, CT ring a bell? Adam Lanza took the guns from his mother, an avid gun collector.

And has there ever been a more blatantly racist statement than saying "Almost ALL the gun crimes are black on black thugs with stolen pistols NOT guys like me who have many guns."
    Maybe it's time for the Mods to lock this up...

Legend

User Info Menu

I tried to stay out of this one, but I am finally caving in.

Let's say, let's just say that the US Congress, US Senate and pass laws that make all guns illegal, regardless of caliber, rounds per magazine, hunting, target shooting or for war and then they managed to go areound to every home in America and collect every last gun. We now have zero guns in the hands of anyone including the criminals (who by definituion do follow laws or statutes). So, now no one will ever get shot again, right?

Think about it.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

My right to own a gun is in the bill of "rights". IF I kill someone then my right stops and I go to jail. It really isn't that hard to understand. I have a right not to get hit by a car or get stabbed. But that doesn't mean that you don't have a right to own a car or own a knife.

There are thousands more people killed by drunk driving. Why not allow the cops just to stop random people without due process and give sobriety tests? Why not let them search without warrants since drugs kill thousands more people than guns?

Gun laws are just to tug on heart strings but they do nothing to actually solve the problem. You can tell this because nobody answered my question about the sinister gun collector who kills people. It sounds terrible for some one to own a lot of guns but the FACTS are that those aren't the people killing anyone. But people want to take away the law abiding citizens right to protect himself while never even touching the real problem.
    The difference we can focus on between gun law amendments and drink driving/ drug laws is that both drink driving and drug laws do get amended, while all proposed modifications to gun laws get shot down by people claiming their rights are being infringed.

if the argument is that gun control laws will not remove all guns from the street and are therefore useless amendments, then unless you can get a drug law that 100% removes drugs from the street, there's no point to drug laws either.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    The difference we can focus on between gun law amendments and drink driving/ drug laws is that both drink driving and drug laws do get amended, while all proposed modifications to gun laws get shot down by people claiming their rights are being infringed.

if the argument is that gun control laws will not remove all guns from the street and are therefore useless amendments, then unless you can get a drug law that 100% removes drugs from the street, there's no point to drug laws either.
    If we legalized all drugs, we may not need guns.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    Hmmm...The school shooting in Newtown, CT ring a bell? Adam Lanza took the guns from his mother, an avid gun collector.

And has there ever been a more blatantly racist statement than saying "Almost ALL the gun crimes are black on black thugs with stolen pistols NOT guys like me who have many guns."
    Maybe it's time for the Mods to lock this up...
    She had 5 guns and wasn't a collector. Plus she didn't shot anybody. Ring a bell??? Her guns were stolen by her son who was mentally challenged. Nice try but next time try using facts.

Legend

User Info Menu

She had 5 guns and wasn't a collector. Plus she didn't shot anybody. Ring a bell??? Her guns were stolen by her son who was mentally challenged. Nice try but next time try using facts.
    Hey Vader - Would I have misinterpreted your posts if I concluded you thought we had no standing to infringe on the Newtown, CT shooter's rights to own whatever weapons he wants to? Because the Constitution did not explicitly limit the right to bear arms, therefore anyone can?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Starter

User Info Menu

Wasn't a collector? Not sure what constitutes a collection but...

[url]http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/16/nyregion/friends-of-gunmans-mother-his-first-victim-recall-her-as-generous.html?_r=0[/url]

"Gun enthusiast", "loved guns..." "Gun collection", "fascination with guns"

All terms used to describe Nancy Lanza. Now I'm by no means saying gun collector = crazy rampage shooter. I'm just showing that your words don't exactly stand up.

I have zero issue at all with gun ownership. None. But to think there isn't a place for responsible firearm regulations is asinine. We successfully regulate vehicles, alcohol, cigarettes, etc with age limits, safety restrictions, speed limits etc. Why can't we come up with a way to intelligently do that with firearms?

And what does Pouncey have to do with all of this?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

God and Guns .... [url]http://youtu.be/Ql49eLRRJ_E[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Was this posted previously? Probably, but it is interesting.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pOiOhxujsE[/URL]

That, and others segments that followed are of interest related to where this thread have gone.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYbY45rHj8w[/URL]
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVuspKSjfgA[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Was this posted previously? Probably, but it is interesting.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pOiOhxujsE[/URL]

That, and others segments that followed are of interest related to where this thread have gone.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYbY45rHj8w[/URL]
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVuspKSjfgA[/URL]
    Yeah, I posted that earlier....and strangely we see almost the same conversation playing out..
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE