Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Pouncey twins support Hernandez

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    If Zimmerman didn't have a gun, does this post exist?
    If he didn't, and was beaten to death by a black minor, would you have ever heard of Trayvon Martin? Would Obama say Martin could of been his son? Would there be cries of racism?

Interesting perspective from a Steeler fan...

@_Hellgrammite

Backup

User Info Menu

No.. If TM beats Zimmerman into a comma or kills him does this post exist?

Legend

User Info Menu

If the powers that be hadn't decided to make this case a national spectacle, does this post exist?

If GZ didn't have a gun (assuming he would act just as stupidly), he might well be dead. In that case, not only would this post not exist, but I doubt if any of us would have heard anything about the incident.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    No.. If TM beats Zimmerman into a comma or kills him does this post exist?
    I agree with your sentiment, but it struck me funny that you had TM beating Zimmerman into a "comma." I think I may have beaten a few periods into commas in my time...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    There is a difference between organizing a rally and making sure a rally is peaceful and follows proper protocol to ensure there isnt violence. I have no idea what their role was but those financial statements are extremely low for govt spending.
    Exactly.
    Look, as I said, I'm fully what you would call a conspiracy theorist. But you have to be able to look at things, even if they support a conspiratorial perspective, with objectivity. Otherwise, you defeat your own positions. I don't about the objectivity of "The Daily Caller", but the above quoted opinion basically explains things pretty darn well.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    There is a difference between organizing a rally and making sure a rally is peaceful and follows proper protocol to ensure there isnt violence. I have no idea what their role was but those financial statements are extremely low for govt spending.
    The $$$ numbers may be low, but if the Justice Dept. was spending ANY money and deploying ANY individuals to try to influence the judicial process, it was wrong. Ed Morrissey of Hot Air, after examining the CRS expense report, said it looks like "the CRS was more of a participant and organizer of the protests than a mediator of them." And I'm sure you won't agree with me, but assisting Al Sharpton hardly inspires confidence that the CRS' mission was merely to keep the peace--Sharpton, IMO, is one of the biggest race-baiters out there.

I think the matter ought to be looked into. If the CRS was totally above-board, a simple investigation should show that.

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    One other thing about those citing Trayvons criminal past. Zimmerman has 3 arrest that asre sealed/closed..probably due to his fathers influence. A domestic violence charge, resisting arrest by an officer without violence and resisting arrest with violence.
    Yup. GZ is no angel. He's a bonehead. Two boneheads involved in this incident. If either one of them had not been a bonehead, neither of them would have gotten hurt.

Good article on the matter by Ed Morrissey:
    [URL]http://theweek.com/bullpen/column/246898/the-george-zimmerman-trial-justice-tragedy-and-the-law#[/URL]
    Last edited by BradshawsHairdresser; 07-17-2013 at 07:56 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It is surprising to me that there was not a single comment regarding Agenda 21.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Interesting perspective from a Steeler fan...

Wow. Pretty bold with his opinions. I wonder if he will get attacked for them?

Legend

User Info Menu

If Aaron Hernandez didn't have a gun, then this thread wouldn't exist.

But to your point, there's a lot of what if you could play out:

What if weed was legal? TM wouldn't have had to get his purple drank on.

What if TM's parents weren't divorced? Maybe that had a profound effect on his life.

What if some other black dudes hadn't committed crimes in this neighborhood and Zimmy wasn't on the neighborhood watch?

What if TM's parents were more involved in his life. He openly talked about his lifestyle through social media and apparently had some problem in school and his life didn't seem to be on a straight and narrow path. Why didn't anyone seem to care?

etc.

I do think Zimmy having the gun is the biggest issue. Clearly he's not right in his head pursuing someone he finds suspicious with a gun on him. I live in the US and like you, I don't really understand Americans fascination with guns either. I truly don't understand how we can equate defending ourselves with killing someone. There are other alternatives if we're really that concerned with defending ourselves. But we're a blood thirsty culture. I suspect that most people that own guns have gone through the mental exercise of considering how they would use their gun in different scenarios - effectively committing legal murder in their minds. In a way, self defense isn't that far different than premeditated 1st degree murder. I would imagine that gun owners have thought through and planned out the scenario. The only difference, in self defense, they didn't have a specific person in mind - just a bad guy.

I think we're a little desensitized to murder in the US because we're a country of war. We go to war with seemingly everyone. And if we don't have a war, we create a war. We're good at creating boogeymen at home and abroad. It's ingrained into our collective psyche. It makes me sad thinking about this sort of thing. It's like everyone's living in a little fear of something. And worries about accumulating stuff in this world. And we're focused on protecting that stuff we amass at any cost.

Somehow we justify it because we're the good people. And there's bad people in the world that want to take what we've worked so hard to get. But when you look at the results from the outside, it doesn't look like there's much difference between the good and the bad guys. They're all just driven by getting the stuff that seems important to them at the time.

Legend

User Info Menu

More evidence of legal shenanigans in the GZ/TM case:
    [URL]http://www.wnd.com/2013/07/more-evidence-ties-trayvon-attorneys-to-protest-agitator/?cat_orig=politics[/URL]

Meanwhile, our "unbiased" Dept. of Justice is asking the public to send in tips on GZ being a racist. They have no evidence, so they're on a desperate witch hunt to find some...

[url]http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2013/07/desperate-dept-of-justice-asking-for-tips-to-help-prosecute-george-zimmerman-.html[/url]
    Last edited by BradshawsHairdresser; 07-17-2013 at 08:48 PM.