Thread: Alan Faneca Still Believes In Steeler Way

Legend

User Info Menu

Alan Faneca Still Believes In Steeler Way

PITTSBURGH (93.7 The Fan) – Former Pittsburgh Steeler great Alan Faneca checks in with Sportsradio 93.7 The Fan’s Vinnie & Cook.

Even though he also made stops with the New York Jets and the Arizona Cardinals, Faneca is still a fan of the Steeler way.

“It is different, and it’s hard to describe,” Faneca said. “It’s hard to put a finger on it until you leave. The Rooneys do a great job of bringing in guys who are all the same. Guys come from all parts of life, but everybody’s got the same mindset. You would think Joey Porter and I are completely opposite people. We’re best buddies. That’s what it is.”

Faneca evaluates the Steelers’ young offensive line, and tells how that unit can gel together.

“I don’t think someone has to take charge. I think everybody has to take ownership,” he says. “It’s five guys up there doing one thing, so you can’t just have one guy in charge of the whole situation because everybody has to make faster than split-second decisions all the time. Everybody’s got to take ownership and be ready and prepared.”

Faneca also tells what makes Ben Roethlisberger a dangerous quarterback, and reveals how he maintained a stellar pro career while dealing with epilepsy.

[url]http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013/07/11/alan-faneca-still-believes-in-steeler-way/#[/url]
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

That was a good listen. Wonder if Alan has any interest in trying out coaching? Maybe we could bring in him and Dirt to tag team the OLine like Lake and Woodsen are with our DBs.

Legend

User Info Menu

Too bad Faneca didn't live up to what he says he embraces and walk the walk in his last season in Pittsburgh and was a disruptive element on the team because his buddy Grimm didn't get the HC job.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Too bad Faneca didn't live up to what he says he embraces and walk the walk in his last season in Pittsburgh and was a disruptive element on the team because his buddy Grimm didn't get the HC job.
    It's called being human..

These aren't robots and if I remember correctly Faneca felt as thought the FO lied to him about an offer.

The fact that he is giving us props shows he isn't a full time douche...

Legend

User Info Menu

Guys come from all parts of life, but everybody’s got the same mindset. You would think Joey Porter and I are completely opposite people. We’re best buddies. That’s what it is.”
    Plenty on common.
    Talented but prone to say stupid things.
    Neither was a favorite of mine.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Both were favorites of mine. I miss Peezy to this day. The D could use a leader like him.
    @_Hellgrammite

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Both were favorites of mine. I miss Peezy to this day. The D could use a leader like him.
    I liked both as well. A vocal leader can amplify the emotions/motivations that everyone are probably thinking but its nice to express that united front.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Plenty on common.
    Talented but prone to say stupid things.
    Neither was a favorite of mine.
    +1--neither were mine either.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I liked Faneca a ton. One of the best Steelers line men of all time. It was a shame the Steelers didn't want to pay him what the market was paying All Star lineman at the time. And I never understood why anyone got upset with what he said about Ben when he was a rookie. He was defending his current starting QB and no one had any idea Ben would be great. I thought what AF said at the time made sense.