Thread: Sporting News Top 20 potential ROY

Legend

User Info Menu

im going with montee ball

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=DukieBoy;565646]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts View Post
    I'm not sold on anyone until they actually play at the NFL level. I've been Limas Sweed'd 1 too many times.[/QUOTE

That's a blues song right there. Well stated, JW.
    I'm channeling my inner Albert Collins...

There were nights you swear you were born to lose
    and you wish your feet were walking in someone else's shoes
    baby baby I've got the Limas Sweed blues

Seen plenty a player with a high upside
    but can't get excited they've been drafted so high
    been Limas Sweed'd, 1 too many times

Nobody leaves this place without singing the blues.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Jigawatts;565671]
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post

I'm channeling my inner Albert Collins...

There were nights you swear you were born to lose
    and you wish your feet were walking in someone else's shoes
    baby baby I've got the Limas Sweed blues

Seen plenty a player with a high upside
    but can't get excited they've been drafted so high
    been Limas Sweed'd, 1 too many times

Nobody leaves this place without singing the blues.
    Oh yeah, man. I hear a walking bass line in a minor key when I read that.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I like the chances for DeAndre Hopkins and LeVeon Bell. Both have opportunities ripe for the picking. Montee Ball has a pretty good shot too but with Peyton at qb its tough seeing Ball get the bulk of the offense. Prob. rack up some good numbers after they're out with a good lead. Their o-line should be pretty good with Vasquez? signing from San Diego. It was good to start with.
    Hopkins will benefit immensely from Johnson being doubled like the article mentioned.
    Bell is just the answer for an offense needing a RB. Just not sold on Dwyer at all. He should have big yards running and receiving if all goes well and picks up the 3rd down offense.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    I like the chances for DeAndre Hopkins and LeVeon Bell. Both have opportunities ripe for the picking. Montee Ball has a pretty good shot too but with Peyton at qb its tough seeing Ball get the bulk of the offense. Prob. rack up some good numbers after they're out with a good lead. Their o-line should be pretty good with Vasquez? signing from San Diego. It was good to start with.
    Hopkins will benefit immensely from Johnson being doubled like the article mentioned.
    Bell is just the answer for an offense needing a RB. Just not sold on Dwyer at all. He should have big yards running and receiving if all goes well and picks up the 3rd down offense.
    I hated Dwyer initially. Then when he started to get some carries, it was clear he's one of the most violent and physical runners in today's game. If by some miracle of God he gets into shape and stops needing a breather after every step, Bell might not get that many carries.

I wouldn't mind seeing 2 guys splitting carries and staying fresh. I can't wait to see what Bell can do at the pro level. He's a big back, but he kinda looks like a finesse type of runner. I'm curious how his finesse will translate in the NFL now that everyone's big and fast.