Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Football Leagues?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek View Post
    Were we good with posting our keeper on here D ROCK? Or is there an additional step?
    Under the "My Team" tab, there is an option to "Choose Keepers." It has to be done before Sunday, though.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

How we doing on our 10th, D Rock?
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yes, you must select your keeper within yahoo for me to process it, and that must be done by Midnight tonight, pacific time (3 AM eastern, if you care to be up that late). The draft is 4 PM next Sunday, pacific time - not sure why it reports in pacific time, but 7 PM for all of us eastern folks.

as far as the 10th, I have not heard from Toe Jam Football. I am going to open that spot to the public as of right now.

THE PLANET STEELERS LEAGUE HAS ONE SPOT AVAILABLE TO BE FILLED IMMEDIATELY. YOU WILL RECIEVE TOE JAM'S OLD TEAM AND BE ABLE TO SELECT A KEEPER FROM THEIR ROSTER.

Starter

User Info Menu

Ill take it D Rock. Works perfect. I was looking for a second league to be in this year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Keepers are set (except 7 UP right now) and the draft order has been randomized on Random.org. Initial ordering of the names in the list to be randomized was done by finish position in last year's league. I have a screen shot of both that and the randomized draft order for verification. I will not post it here or set it within the league until I have 7 UP's keeper selection to keep things fair.

Legend

User Info Menu

4pm Pacific Time next Sunday (for you) makes it.... 9AM Monday for the Kangaroos. See? We are already a step ahead of you...
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

All keepers are assigned and draft order is determined and set on the Yahoo page.

1. Underachievers - I swear it is legit, see the attached images.
    2. Hostile Squirrels
    3. Psycho Ward
    4. AngryFugginAsians!!!
    5. The Doodie Balls
    6. Steeler Fan in T.O.
    7. Kangaroos of Khaos
    8. Landry St. Dixons
    9. Sharknado Thomas
    10. Iron Shieks

draft order will be snaking style

draft order initial list.jpgdraft order randomizer.jpg

first image is team names put in by finishing position last year, second image is the randomized order

Legend

User Info Menu

Thanks for letting us know in advance where we will be drafting (even if the 9th spot is not my favorite spot, by any means). I loved having a late first round pick last year (because I gave up my top pick to keep Arian Foster back then, so that gave me the highest possible initial pick in round 2), but this year, I really wanted to be in the top half of the first round. Oh well. You scrubs are going down anyway.

I see that we have 3 QB keepers (P. Manning, R. Wilson, A. Luck), 5 RB keepers (A. Peterson, D. Martin, M. Lynch, C.J. Spiller, A. Morris), 1 WR keeper (C. Johnson), and 1 DST keeper (Seattle).

It doesn't look like anyone sacrificed a first rounder for their keeper, either.

Landry St. Dixon (Beast Mode), Doodie Balls (Megatron), and Underachievers (All Day) all sacrificed a 2nd round pick.

Sharknado (Muscle Hamster) sacrificed a 5th round pick.

Steeler Fan in T.O. (Morris) and Hostile Squirrels (Spiller) sacrificed a 6th round pick.

Psycho Ward (Peyton) sacrificed a 9th round pick.

Iron Shieks (Wilson) sacrificed a 10th round pick.

AngryFugginAsians (Luck) sacrificed a 12th round pick.

Kangaroos of Khaos (Seattle) sacrificed a 19th round pick.

Apparently, the higher the pick used, the greater likelihood of a nickname.
    Last edited by RuthlessBurgher; 08-19-2013 at 02:07 PM.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Thanks for letting us know in advance where we will be drafting (even if the 9th spot is not my favorite spot, by any means). I loved having a late first round pick last year (because I gave up my top pick to keep Arian Foster back then, so that gave me the highest possible initial pick in round 2), but this year, I really wanted to be in the top half of the first round. Oh well. You scrubs are going down anyway.

I see that we have 3 QB keepers (P. Manning, R. Wilson, A. Luck), 5 RB keepers (A. Peterson, D. Martin, M. Lynch, C.J. Spiller, A. Morris), 1 WR keeper (C. Johnson), and 1 DST keeper (Seattle).

It doesn't look like anyone sacrificed a first rounder for their keeper, either.

Landry St. Dixon (Beast Mode), Doodie Balls (Megatron), and Underachievers (All Day) all sacrificed a 2nd round pick.

Sharknado (Muscle Hamster) sacrificed a 5th round pick.

Steeler Fan in T.O. (Morris) and Hostile Squirrels (Spiller) sacrificed a 6th round pick.

Psycho Ward (Peyton) sacrificed a 9th round pick.

Iron Shieks (Wilson) sacrificed a 10th round pick.

AngryFugginAsians (Luck) sacrificed a 12th round pick.

Kangaroos of Khaos (Seattle) sacrificed a 19th round pick.

Apparently, the higher the pick used, the greater likelihood of a nickname.

to go a step further with the Keeper analysis...

AP, Lynch, and CJ were all 1 round values (1st round rankings, taken in the 2nd)

Doug Martin was a 4 round value ( 1st round ranking, taken in the 5th)

Seattle D and Manning were both 5 round values without adjustment (14th in the 19th, and 4th in the 9th)

Luck (7th in the 12th, originally 16th), Morris (1st in the 6th, originally undrafted), Spiller (1st in the 6th, originally 10th), and Wilson (5th in the 10th, originally undrafted) were all 5 round values after max value adjustment

That means that 6 projected first rounders are tagged as keepers, and none with 1st rounders given up to get them. The remaining 1st round projected players this year are:

Arian Foster (2), Jamaal Charles (4), LeSean McCoy (7), and Ray Rice (9)

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Last years 1st rounders, none of which are keepers this year:

1.1 Aaron Rodgers
    1.2 Chris Johnson
    1.3 Ray Rice
    1.4 Ryan Mathews
    1.5 Andre Johnson
    1.6 LeSean McCoy (keeper)
    1.7 Drew Brees
    1.8 Maurice Jones Drew
    1.9 Matt Stafford
    1.10 Arian Foster (keeper)

That looks weird, but consider that keepers affected that and pushed some guys into the 1st round

Other keeper picks were:

2nd: Matt Forte, Calvin Johnson
    3rd: Tom Brady
    6th: Wes Welker
    7th: Cam Newton, Jimmy Graham
    8th: Julio Jones
    9th: Jordy Nelson

Calvin Johnson is the only carry-over keeper player. It appears that maybe only CJ, Forte, and Cam Newton had a chance to be 1st rounders last year.
    AP, Jamaal Charles, Marshawn Lynch are the guys who were fringe 1st rounders and made their way inside the top 10 rankings this year.
    Doug Martin, Alfred Morris, and CJ Spiller were the big surprise guys who became this years 1st rounders

[URL]http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/archive/nfl/2012/226578/draftresults[/URL]
    Last edited by D Rock; 08-19-2013 at 07:51 PM.