Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Patriots vs Steelers Character Debate

Backup

User Info Menu

Patriots vs Steelers Character Debate

It's the off season and this just bugs me.

This website makes the Patriots once again look AMAZING!!!!

"The New England Patriots have had a reputation throughout the Bill Belichick-Tom Brady era for valuing character as much as actual talent, but that reputation has taken a serious hit lately."

Lately? Is cheating valuing character?

[url]http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/new-england-patriots-offering-aaron-hernandez-jersey-exchange-062813[/url]

Backup

User Info Menu

Found this on another website today. How can they go back and blame the college football coach but yet Belicheat is regarded to having HIGH CHARACTER? THose players REFLECT their coach and I think Its fair to say Bill Bellicheat should also be held accountable for his players criminal actions. Last time I checked Mike Tomlin didnt walk into the locker room before losing in the Super Bowl against the Packers, to me thats character. Bill has walked off in defeat against the Giants like a GIANT CRY BABY. That's his character.

When news of Hernandez possibly being linked to Lloyd’s murder surfaced, it was obvious that attacks on Urban Meyer were imminent. And, they came. CBS Sports’ Gregg Doyel has the best deconstruction of this simplistic argument.

Meyer is an easy target because of the litany of arrests that occurred in the UF football program during his brief stint there. Could Meyer have had more discipline? Absolutely. But as Doyel outlines:

Legend

User Info Menu

You sound like a Gator fan.

I'm sorry but I don't blame coaches for players actions. College coaches receive more blame because they meet these kids straight out of HS.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    You sound like a Gator fan.

I'm sorry but I don't blame coaches for players actions. College coaches receive more blame because they meet these kids straight out of HS.
    They bring it on themselves, referring to themselves as father-figures in interviews, certainly during recruitment.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    True, but some players are scum and should be avoided. That's the point, I think.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

All teams take risks on players, including the Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    All teams take risks on players, including the Steelers.
    It seems that some teams are willing to take bigger risks than other teams. Bengals, Raiders come to mind.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    It seems that some teams are willing to take bigger risks than other teams. Bengals, Raiders come to mind.
    Some teams might take MORE risks with players then the Steelers. The Steelers have taken their share of risks with players over the years. Risks are risks regardless of how some people want to view those risks. The Steelers have also kept players questionable characters on the team over the years. The pot calling the kettle black in regard to other teams that Steelers fans like to do needs to stop. The Steelers have more then a few skeletons in their closet. Careful when pointing the finger in judgement of other teams because it may happen to our team someday.

Legend

User Info Menu

A lot of these kids come from nothing and make something of themselves. They all gotta be a little crazy to have a chance to make it in the NFL. What these players do is borderline insane. So some calculated risks are worth it. Sometimes they work. Others they don't. But I think a second chance is worth it because these are young men that can be transformed.

If they did drive a stronger line, maybe there would be a better incentive for young kids to clean up early. It's a tough call.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Regardless of what the Steelers did, the notion that Belichick values character is beyond laughable...