Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Le'Veon Bell is key to Steelers' success

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I would say the same about Redman instead of Dwyer. What upside does Redman have? If Dwyer is in shape, and I think he will be, he is a significantly better RB than Redman.
    I might agree with you if Dwyer didn't have a habit of reporting to camp overweight. The guy just never seems to learn.

Ultimately though, it probably won't matter which one makes it because he won't be on the field all that often with Bell and Stephens-Howling on the team. I just don't want to see both of them on the team because I think that roster spot could be used for a different position.

Legend

User Info Menu

Anyone know how good Bell is at blocking the rush?
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    Anyone know how good Bell is at blocking the rush?
    picking up blitzers and blocking rushers is supposedly one of Bell's strengths...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm not worried about Bell's timed speed in the 40. His cone & splits shows he has good acceleration and change of direction. Given Haley's offensive scheme....A RB who attacks the LOS compliments it more than a break away guy. If you like to run PA and involve your TE's a lot it is better having the LBs running downhill heavy footed than playing on their toes getting ready to chase sideline to sideline. I actually think that is one of the reason Haley was brought here because of the style of defense in the North. "Win Division First".

That being said, my only concern with Bell is my prejudice against Big Ten skill players. I'm a PSU fan & watch a lot of Big Ten ball. You really have to be "special" before I crown you anything coming out and that includes PSU players. Real or imagined...Someone has to prove me wrong. I didn't crown Bell anything pre draft and He has to show me on Sundays Sooner than Later before I change my prejudice. I do think has a good enough skill set to be that guy. My advice to him to be productive is simple. Be the RB you are...Not the RB you think you can be. If he has a case similar to "Mendymania"...He will disappoint. If he plays to his strengths and works on that game....We all will be happy with the pick.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I would say the same about Redman instead of Dwyer. What upside does Redman have? If Dwyer is in shape, and I think he will be, he is a significantly better RB than Redman.

While this may be true, Dwyer hasn't come close to proving it on the field...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Of course, you mean other than leading the team in rushing yards, rushing average, rushing TDs (tied)
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    And, no one can deny that Redman has shown a lot of heart, with some results to boot.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

I know I'm in the minority, but I kinda like both Redman and Dwyer.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I know I'm in the minority, but I kinda like both Redman and Dwyer.

me too, just not as starters.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    That being said, my only concern with Bell is my prejudice against Big Ten skill players. I'm a PSU fan & watch a lot of Big Ten ball. You really have to be "special" before I crown you anything coming out and that includes PSU players. Real or imagined...Someone has to prove me wrong. I didn't crown Bell anything pre draft and He has to show me on Sundays Sooner than Later before I change my prejudice.
    A hopeful positive spin on this is that Big 10 teams usually have outstanding NFL caliber olines, which make a runner look better than he is.
    THAT is definately NOT the case here so I think this is a clear exception to that trend.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher