Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's about friggin time....

Backup

User Info Menu

It's about friggin time....

...that what I have been yelling, at my computer, has finally been heard!!!

It only took 5, freaking, long-@$$ years for it to get through to sombody...LOL!!

I recently listened to an interview with Jack Bicknell Jr., (O-Line Coach) regarding
    the NEW Steelers running game.

The first thing I heard this guy say is that they are going to be MULTIPLE in the
    run-game. This is MUSIC to my ears!!! Did I hear this correctly??? We are going
    to have MULTIPLE run plays in the freaking playbook???

That they are going to give the defense something to study for...something to
    worry about stopping, as opposed to what Arianus (and Haley for 1 yr) designed.

"Stretching the front side, cut-backs, and traps, is just a sampling of what's in the playbook"...

What a freaking revelation!!!!! I have been waiting for this my whole life!!!

I'm going to ass-u-me, and understand this to mean that we are NOT going to just
    RUTFM anymore!!! That the old days of trying to stuff the run in the "A" gap, over and
    over and over and over again, and again, and again...are OVER!!!??? That WASTING 1st
    and 2nd down is STUPID!!!

The days of Arianus's uncreative, unimaginative, and trying to put a square peg in a
    round freaking hole are over forever!!!!

Atleast, I freaking hope so!!!

This guy is bringing the ZBS with him from KC, and if KC did anything good the last
    few years it was running the ball.

The O-line has been assembled, and is ready, but can they stay healthy??

If Bell can be the starter...with RED and JD to bring to thump late in games, this unit
    mite just get the "Comeback" unit of the Year Award...

Add into the mix, LaRod Stephens-Howling, as a 3rd down/change of pace...the skies
    could only be the beginning and not the limit.

The play-action passing game mite be back in 2013...and this offense could be special!!

HOOOO...FREEEEAAAAKING...RAAAAY!!!!!

And I almost forgot....Froooooothing at the mouth like a crazed dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JD
    Last edited by JDSteeler; 06-22-2013 at 03:11 AM.
    The Pittsburgh Steelers: There is NO other Team!

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/q...6jpg-1-1-1.jpg

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Forkin AYE!!!!
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JDSteeler View Post

Froooooothing at the mouth like a crazed dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I've kinda missed that around here...

And I'm with you on your hopes for the run game. If we can go about it a little smarter, it might be much improved, and if it's much improved, this offense could be a powerhouse.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    I've kinda missed that around here...

And I'm with you on your hopes for the run game. If we can go about it a little smarter, it might be much improved, and if it's much improved, this offense could be a powerhouse.
    Yeh, me too...

I've been reading posts and not posting as much, but I will be getting up in here more often now that the
    start of the season is almost upon us...

JD
    The Pittsburgh Steelers: There is NO other Team!

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/q...6jpg-1-1-1.jpg

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Again. ALL teams use zone blocking in their play-calling. Nothing new. Depending on the OLman's responsibility, trapping is not zone blocking. OK, one of your OLmen could be zone blocking while others are man blocking,etc. The one doing the trapping is man blocking. Anyways....whatever... what I want to see is more use of a FB. Leading the way for the RB. You might want to see more cut backs, but I'd rather see good old fashioned smash mouth football.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

It's about friggin time someone around here is excited. Let's go JD of greatness!!!!! Get it going!@!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    It's about friggin time someone around here is excited. Let's go JD of greatness!!!!! Get it going!@!!!
    Buddy, we're on an internet forum months before a ball has been snapped! You don't think we're all chomping at the bit??

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Again. ALL teams use zone blocking in their play-calling. Nothing new. Depending on the OLman's responsibility, trapping is not zone blocking. OK, one of your OLmen could be zone blocking while others are man blocking,etc. The one doing the trapping is man blocking. Anyways....whatever... what I want to see is more use of a FB. Leading the way for the RB. You might want to see more cut backs, but I'd rather see good old fashioned smash mouth football.
    This is true, but what is new is the Outside Zone Scheme that Bicknell/Haley are putting together. If they can put it together, it is going to be lethal.

Imagine K.C.'s running ability with a QB like Roethlisberger. Deadly.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    The 70's called. They'd like their philosophies back.

As for this scheme, I'll believe it when I see it. We've seen this before. The Steelers claim they are going to do X, Y, and Z, then they never do it. I wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers first series on offense goes like this:

1st down: RUTM, no gain
    2nd down: RUTM, loss of three yards
    3rd down: Ah.....crap...... Ben, please help......

Legend

User Info Menu

I hear ya JD. I too am looking forward to some much needed improvement in the run game. I used to love watching us close out games by running the ball right down the defense's throat, then Bettis would jump up and flex and scream. Good times....
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION