Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Aaron Hernandez WTF?

Backup

User Info Menu

Aaron Hernandez WTF?

What's up with this guy and the media? Why aren't they all over this like flies on a **** wagon at high noon??? I had to wait till about halfway through a ESPN sports news show last night till they got around to reporting on this dirt bag. This should be the lead story on every freaking sports channel out there... Let me see, Patriots, Robert Kraft, does that have anything to do with it???... AH shoots a guy in the face and the guy loses and eye... He isn't charged by the police because the victim wouldn't name him... But now the victim is naming him and suing him in a civil suite as the shooter. OK got that? Now next a dead body shows up near AH's house with his rental SUV parked next to the body... AH at last report isn't cooperating with the investigation. Also at last report the police in Florida closed the case on the guy getting his face shot off by AH... You think they might want to consider reopening the case???

ESPN news anchor: Good evening folks. Todays head story.... Should Lebron James wear his headband? Let's jump right into this intriguing question that is on everyone's mind tonight...

Another Ray Lewis story in the making?

Geez Louise... Rant over...

Legend

User Info Menu

I never heard about AH shooting a guy in the face. If true... ESPN is probably scared because AH has goons in Bristol, CT.

[url]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/19/report-hernandez-recently-was-sued-for-allegedly-shooting-someone-in-the-face/#comments[/url]

PFT says that Hernendez was riding in the car with the guy when he shot him... and in the comment section someone said the guy who was found dead used to date Hernendez's sister.

This should be front page news... seriously. This is crazier than the Manti story and sounds like an episode of Law and Order SVU.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 06-20-2013 at 09:29 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

ESPN is a bunch of Patriot homers. If this was Big ben it would be constant coverage 24/7. Wonder if the NFL Network cowns are calling for his punishment like they were hours after the news broke on Ben in Georgia. You know they won't.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Starter

User Info Menu

Another reason why I hate the freakin' Cheats. I hope thw wheels come all the way off.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think position and name recognition plays a factor. Hernandez is a TE that most football fans know, but he is not a household name. Roethlisberger, as a two time SB Champion QB, is a household name.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He might not be a household name but the Patriots are. It's all a bunch of bunk that they soft talk anything criminal activities that the Cheats do. And yes, cheating is criminal in my opinion. Oh yeah, dead bodies laying around goes against the golden rules also.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I think position and name recognition plays a factor. Hernandez is a TE that most football fans know, but he is not a household name. Roethlisberger, as a two time SB Champion QB, is a household name.

Yep. The vast majority of people have no idea who this guy is.

The FL story is fishy at best. So this guy got shot in the arm, the bullet traveled up and caught his face (lost his eyesight)and there's no police report? WTF is he talking about? I give zero credibility to it as it stands today. As for the second story, it's on the main webpage for Sports Illustrated, ESPN as a headline story, and CNN as a Top story. How much more does it need to be out there?

The latest from SI is that Hernandez will now be arrested. Forensic evidence links him to the car found at the murder scene and they have a witness that saw him with the victim the night of the murder in a Boston bar.
    Last edited by Ghost; 06-20-2013 at 02:05 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Yep. The vast majority of people have no idea who this guy is.

The FL story is fishy at best. So this guy got shot in the arm, the bullet traveled up and caught his face (lost his eyesight)and there's no police report? WTF is he talking about? I give zero credibility to it as it stands today. As for the second story, it's on the maiin webpage for Sports Illustrated, ESPN as a heqadline story and CNN as a Top story. How much more does it need to be out there?

The latest form SI is that now Hernandez will be arrested. Forensix evidence links him to the car found at the murder scene and they have a witness that saw him with the victim the night of the murder in a Boston bar.
    It does sound fishy.... but we are talking about a guy with gang affiliations. Wouldn't be surprised if his friend was paid off but now has second thoughts since this story broke and he realizes Hernendez's resources may be tied up in the near future.

It's very Dick Cheneyish to to say the least.

Backup

User Info Menu

[URL="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/20/report-hernandez-destroyed-cell-phone-surveillance-system/"]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/20/report-hernandez-destroyed-cell-phone-surveillance-system/[/URL]

Hernandez destroyed his cell phone and video surveillance system at his home....

Why didn't he just ask Goodell to do that? After all, Goodell knows a thing or two about destroying video evidence...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    It does sound fishy.... but we are talking about a guy with gang affiliations. Wouldn't be surprised if his friend was paid off but now has second thoughts since this story broke and he realizes Hernendez's resources may be tied up in the near future.

It's very Dick Cheneyish to to say the least.
    Sounding fishy doesn't matter. In Rog's NFL you are guilty as soon as the shield gets tarnished. Criminal charges play no factor. How else can you explain that Perrish Cox gets off with no league punishment for being charged with sexual assault while Ben gets 4 games for not being charged? Media hype determines penalty in this league. If the noise gets louder, the punishment will get longer.