Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Aaron Hernandez WTF?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain QB View Post
    [URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/20/report-hernandez-destroyed-cell-phone-surveillance-system/[/URL]

Hernandez destroyed his cell phone and video surveillance system at his home....

Why didn't he just ask Goodell to do that? After all, Goodell knows a thing or two about destroying video evidence...
    What's up with Florio and his Harvey Keitel reference in that article? Tongue-in-cheek writing about something this serious? Hey Mikey, that seems less than professional.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Maybe we'll see Tim Tebow at TE in NE this year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Sounding fishy doesn't matter. In Rog's NFL you are guilty as soon as the shield gets tarnished. Criminal charges play no factor. How else can you explain that Perrish Cox gets off with no league punishment for being charged with sexual assault while Ben gets 4 games for not being charged? Media hype determines penalty in this league. If the noise gets louder, the punishment will get longer.
    Who the hell is Parrish Cox?

Cox isn't a franchise QB of the most popular football team in the NFL...

You are right about the media hype determining the penalty...

I wouldn't be surprised if Hernendez never plays another down... or if he gets off scott free...

Game 7 is tonight so after the NBA hype dies down over the weekend I suspect this story will get more play. One reason why Ben was hit hard was due to the story breaking right before the NFL draft... the timing was perfect for news channels and let's be real... Ben and women make for great news during a slow cycle.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain QB View Post
    [URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/20/report-hernandez-destroyed-cell-phone-surveillance-system/[/URL]

Hernandez destroyed his cell phone and video surveillance system at his home....

Why didn't he just ask Goodell to do that? After all, Goodell knows a thing or two about destroying video evidence...
    I'm sure he just read about the NSA monitoring/recording of cell phone conversations and wanted to protect his privacy rights.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Let's get real guys. This isn't some case where they are covering up the story or protecting the Patriots* (that is laughable). I will say that I said the same thing, thinking "Why isn't this front page news?" But its not because the media is being told not to cover it by the league office. The media is whores, and will say anything if it will get them ratings.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Yep. The vast majority of people have no idea who this guy is.

The FL story is fishy at best. So this guy got shot in the arm, the bullet traveled up and caught his face (lost his eyesight)and there's no police report? WTF is he talking about? I give zero credibility to it as it stands today. As for the second story, it's on the main webpage for Sports Illustrated, ESPN as a headline story, and CNN as a Top story. How much more does it need to be out there?

The latest from SI is that Hernandez will now be arrested. Forensic evidence links him to the car found at the murder scene and they have a witness that saw him with the victim the night of the murder in a Boston bar.
    I was referring to the coverage yesterday... didn't see a whole lot on national TV... and wasn't the lead story. What is fishy is that the guy was most likely told to keep his mouth shut about the shooting or else... He was found in a back alley behind some store? Let's see how this whole thing unfolds... I smell a rat...

Anyone who follows Pro Football knows the Cheats tight end tandem of Hernandez and Gronk... Gronk is more noticeable because of his off the field shenanigans...

Legend

User Info Menu

Let's see, Plaxico was out of football for awhile for shooting himself. Let's see what Hernandez gets for shooting someone else. Given the Patriot rules I would suspect he won't be allowed to start a game and will miss the first series.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I say drug test all the Pats. Sometimes when players go off, I always wonder if it's some kind of roid rage.

This would be bigger news if Tom Brady was his driver. No one cares about Aaron Hernandez. Lebron's headband is bigger news at the moment.

Legend

User Info Menu

Lebrons head band is definitely a bigger story than this at the moment.

ESPNNews is showing clips of Hernendez running from the cameras.... it will definitely be front page news in a fee days. They said he destroyed his phone and his security equipment. This guy ia guilty.. if he didnt pull the trigger he was definitely an accomplace.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He shoulda taken better notes from Ray Ray when he had the chance. He could of gotten out of this with simply a "best ever TE" accolade like Ray Ray did.