Thread: Vonta Leach?

Legend

User Info Menu

Vonta Leach?

He was just released by the Ravens.

He is a very good blocker, and he also added 21 receptions. Will Johnson has more raw athleticism, but I think that Leach would be an instant upgrade. Any interest?

Legend

User Info Menu

Nah, I like Johnson. I think we groom him and let Leach go somewhere else.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Nah, I like Johnson. I think we groom him and let Leach go somewhere else.
    Make sure you clarify Will Johnson and not unnecessary "oxygen consumer" David Johnson.

I think Will takes a big step this season and really contributes, particularly as a receiver out of the backfield.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

crap... read this and thought Vontae Davis! old age... move along - nothing to see here.

Legend

User Info Menu

Vonta Leach made the Pro Bowl the last 3 years as a fullback. Someone with cap room will likely pay the man more than we would be able to...he's certainly not playing for the minimum...if he was willing to do that, then he'd just have accepted the pay cut from the Ravens (he had a $4.33 cap number) and would still be there. Instead, Baltimore drafted the kid from Harvard to take his place (with Matt Birk now retired, they needed Harvard man on their roster).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

Didn't Leach want something like $3 million to $4 million dollars? For a guy who'd probably be out there just 10% of the time, no thanks. In today's NFL, fullbacks are in no position to make such contract demands.

Legend

User Info Menu

Leach is reportedly visiting the Miami Dolphins today...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha