Steelers Sign First-Round Pick Jarvis Jones
June 3, 2013 05:15 PM
The Steelers have signed their first-round draft pick from the 2013 NFL Draft, linebacker Jarvis Jones. Financial terms of the four-year deal were not disclosed.

"I think it's a blessing. I wanted to get it out of the way so I can continue to focus on my career," said Jones."The organization and my agent did a great job of getting it out of the way so it won't be a distraction going into training camp. I'm going to be fully focused and ready to go out there and give everything I've got to help my teammates."

Jones (6-2, 245), who was the 17th overall pick, spent three years at the University of Georgia (2010-12) after playing one season at the University of Southern California (2009). He played in a total of 34 games and started all 26 he played for the Bulldogs. Jones posted 28.0 sacks at Georgia, tying Jimmy Payne (1978-82) for third in school history.

As a senior, Jones was named to numerous All-American first-teams and was a finalist for the Lombardi Trophy, Butkus Award, Bednarik Trophy, Nagurski Award and the LOTT Impact Trophy. As the Bulldogs' permanent captain, he was the recipient of the Vince Dooley Most Valuable Player of the Year Award and was named one of team's Most Valuable Defensive Players.

The Steelers have now signed seven of their nine selections from the 2013 NFL Draft.