Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Sign 4th-Round Draft Pick QB Landry Jones

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers Sign 4th-Round Draft Pick QB Landry Jones

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — The Steelers say they have signed fourth-round draft pick Landry Jones to a four-year deal.

The terms of the deal have not been disclosed.

Jones, a quarterback, was the 115th overall pick and the second of two fourth-round picks for the Steelers in the 2013 draft.

He played for the University of Oklahoma where he started 50 of 52 games.

According to the Steelers, Jones earned first or second-team All-Big 12 honors in each of his final three seasons. Also, he was selected as an honorable mention All-American by Sports Illustrated in 2010.

With Jones’ signing, the Steelers have now signed all of their 2013 draft picks.

[url]http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013/06/13/steelers-sign-4th-round-draft-pick-qb-landry-jones/[/url]
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

​We're going to the Super Bowl.

Legend

User Info Menu

let's hope the only time we see Landry Jones this season is when he's kneeling in the victory formation late in 4th quarter blowouts.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    let's hope the only time we see Landry Jones this season is when he's kneeling in the victory formation late in 4th quarter blowouts.
    or in WEEK 17 when he pulls a Matt Flynn and throws for 450 yards and 4 TDs and some sucker GM offers the Steelers a 1st Round and a 3rd Round pick for him.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    or in WEEK 17 when he pulls a Matt Flynn and throws for 450 yards and 4 TDs and some sucker GM offers the Steelers a 1st Round and a 3rd Round pick for him.
    That would be the best case scenario.

Legend

User Info Menu

I kind of hope he gets some snaps that are significant to see how he handles football played in the NFL, not mop up duty or it doesn't matter if I throw interceptions duty, I'd like to see him under fire, not for any length of time, but enough to see how he does.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I kind of hope he gets some snaps that are significant to see how he handles football played in the NFL, not mop up duty or it doesn't matter if I throw interceptions duty, I'd like to see him under fire, not for any length of time, but enough to see how he does.

Pappy
    It's called pre-season. I'm sure we will see him then
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    I don't see him getting any time unless Ben and BG both get hurt. Speaking of BG, I hope he can teach Ben to execute PA fakes. I was at the Raiders game a few years ago in the endzone literally 20-30 yards away behind BG and watched him freeze the entire D with his play fakes. I was behind him and I couldnt tell if he had the ball or not. The guy is a magician with the fake handoff.

Anyone else ever notice BG has the same initials as our colors?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I don't see him getting any time unless Ben and BG both get hurt. Speaking of BG, I hope he can teach Ben to execute PA fakes. I was at the Raiders game a few years ago in the endzone literally 20-30 yards away behind BG and watched him freeze the entire D with his play fakes. I was behind him and I couldnt tell if he had the ball or not. The guy is a magician with the fake handoff.

Anyone else ever notice BG has the same initials as our colors?
    Yes, and we know "BG" will be tough to sack as well.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    It's called pre-season. I'm sure we will see him then
    Not the same, he's made the team for this year, so, whether he does good bad or indifferent it won't matter. I just think he's going to end up being one of the Steeler's better draft picks whether he plays for the Steelers or as trade for a draft pick. I just think he's going to pay dividends at some point.

pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount