Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Adams stabbed...

Legend

User Info Menu

I heard a rumor he was wearing a DTF button...

Legend

User Info Menu

I wonder if having some weight in his midsection helped him out?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I heard a rumor he was wearing a DTF button...

.................................................. .....
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Now this sounds fishy. The restaurant closes for dinner at 11pm and the bar closes at 1am. So I don't imagine their valets wait around until 3 am.

So lets assume he was at some other bar til 2am. Still doesn't make sense why he'd go back for his car at 3am. WTF was he doing? And why was he at his truck without keys in the valet parking lot I assume? Doesn't make any sense.

He had to be doing something stupid. Will the Steelers have a 0 tolerance given that he already had a strike against him before the draft a la Rainey? Or are we so desparate at T that it doesn't matter?
    maybe he parked there... went somewhere else and then had someone drop him off. It's 3AM so maybe he thought he had his keys..

regardless.. he didn't break any laws and he was attacked. This wasn't his fault.

Legend

User Info Menu

odd that after being stabbed, initially refused to go to the hospital

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

When I first heard the TV news report about the crime they said Mike was a defensive end so, I'm not going to hang onto any of the media words. I'm glad that it doesn't seem serious and glad that it didn't turn into to something worse or fatal. It's ironic that after they reported his stabbing, they reported Pittsburgh is the number one city to live in. Even the best places have crimes but , not exactly good timing for that tid bit of news.
    As for the poster that said nothing good happens after midnight, I was raised with hearing those same words from my father and as I get older I learn he was right.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    When I first heard the TV news report about the crime they said Mike was a defensive end so, I'm not going to hang onto any of the media words. I'm glad that it doesn't seem serious and glad that it didn't turn into to something worse or fatal. It's ironic that after they reported his stabbing, they reported Pittsburgh is the number one city to live in. Even the best places have crimes but , not exactly good timing for that tid bit of news.
    As for the poster that said nothing good happens after midnight, I was raised with hearing those same words from my father and as I get older I learn he was right.

Heard those same words, but found a study that refutes this. Violent crime peaks at 11PM and the rate of violent crime at 3AM is equal to the rate at 3PM and is about half the peak at 11PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Hazelwood man charged in South Side stabbing of Steeler

Michael C. Paranay, 25, is charged with attempted homicide, aggravated assault and related crimes in the attempted carjacking of Steeler Mike Adams.

By Michael Hasch
    Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
    Published: Monday, June 3, 2013

A Hazelwood man was arrested Monday on charges stemming from the stabbing of Steelers offensive lineman Mike Adams during an attempted carjacking.

Michael C. Paranay, 25, is charged with attempted homicide, aggravated assault and related crimes for the incident that occurred about 2:55 a.m. Saturday near the intersection of East Carson and South 17th streets in the South Side, said police Lt. Kevin Kraus, acting commander of Pittsburgh's Major Crimes squad.

Paranay is accused of sucker-punching Adams while one companion pointed a handgun at the right tackle and threatened to kill him and another stabbed him, causing a lacerated colon, according to a criminal complaint.

Adams, 23, underwent surgery at UPMC Mercy, Uptown, and is expected to make a full recovery.

Neither of the other assailants has been arrested.

According to the complaint, Adams told police:

He left a restaurant, walked to his truck and was approached by three men, who told him it was a nice vehicle.

One man pulled out a handgun and demanded, “Gimme your car!”

Adams said, “You aren't going to shoot me on the street in front of people.” The gunman replied, “I want your car or I'll shoot you in the face and kill you in front of everyone!”

At that point, Paranay moved behind Adams and struck him, and the third companion stabbed him in the abdomen and slashed his forearm. As the assailants ran off, one dropped a cellphone.

A warrant was obtained for Paranay after detectives found his name and photo on the phone and Adams picked him out of a photo array.

Paranay was awaiting arraignment in Night Court.

[URL]http://triblive.com/news/adminpage/4132462-74/adams-attempted-kraus?printerfriendly=true#ixzz2VDoRI6es[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Wow ! I can't believe they caught him. I wonder if the scars on his face come from not bathing, drugs or the police giving him his comeuppance. Glad they have the scum off the street.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Meth face ???