Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We Reached According to the Cowboys

Legend

User Info Menu

Cowboys selected Travis Frederick with pick #31...so I'm not worried that they think the Steelers reached with some of their picks...

Legend

User Info Menu

why would anyone use the Cowboys as the measuring stick of good drafting? Everyone says they reached in the first so who cares what their board looked like.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

since jerry has been the GM - they've won ONE playoff game. that's almost 20 years now. Sooooo, their skill at evaluating talent seems suspect to me.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

did we actually examine the cowboy's draft? They had one of the worst drafts in the league... I wouldn't trust anything their draft board said...

Legend

User Info Menu

Tell me again why we care what the Cowboys think?

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Why did they grab that center in the 1st if they had a 2nd round grade on him? lol Cowboys
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Legend

User Info Menu

Let me get this straight...Dallas had Sharrif Floyd ranked 5th overall, and he was magically available to them all the way down at #18, and yet they opted instead to trade down to #31 for only a 3rd round pick??? How ridiculously stupid. This team is converting to a 4-3, and the most important thing for a team making such a switch would be competent d-linemen, and Floyd is a prototypical 3-technique DT in the 4-3. Not to mention that they got fleeced in the trade itself (getting the Niners' first and second round should have been the bare minimum they should have even considered...even then, it probably wouldn't have been smart if the 5th best player on your draft board is available at #18). By the time they had to pick at #31, all of their first round targets were gone, so they had to go with the biggest reach of the first round. Bravo, Jerry!
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

thats funny

but unfortunately wrong

IIRC they beat the eagles before losing to the brett farve led vikes a few years back

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    thats funny

but unfortunately wrong

IIRC they beat the eagles before losing to the brett farve led vikes a few years back
    you're right, they have one playoff win since then. after the 2009 regular season the Cowgirls beat the Eagles 34-14 in the divisional round of the NFC playoffs and then lost in the second round 34-3 to the Vikings.

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha