Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What to do with 5 mill?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Or the end for Plax..

Breaston is someone that Haley had both in Az and KC. He performed "solid" under Haley both times (but struggled in 2012-2013 without Haley). Gives the kid a chance to get back home, too...
    I think that Plax holds his future in his own hands. If he shows that he can still do what he does best then nobody else on the roster can replace that. Plax has to be that big guy who can stake out his piece of real estate and be the only person who can get to a properly thrown ball regardless of coverage.

Both Breaston and Cotch are aiming to be that reliable third down option "possession" type receiver. Reliable hands that can get you that key first down at any spot on the field when number one and number two are covered.

Legend

User Info Menu

I predict the Steelers will re-sign Doug Legursky to provide some much-needed OL depth, especially at OC. if Pouncey gets hurt, do you really want to see Beachum or Malecki starting at center?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I predict the Steelers will re-sign Doug Legursky to provide some much-needed OL depth, especially at OC. if Pouncey gets hurt, do you really want to see Beachum or Malecki starting at center?
    we said that about Legs just a few years back... Honestly, while I expected Breaston, if I'm the team, I hold on to the remaining $$... until an injury shows up and thins out the roster at some position.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Signing Legs would be a good move. I also liked the idea of throwing a party with it.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Backup

User Info Menu

Try to get Cortez Allen at a good rate for a 5 year deal before he breaks out. Otherwise, extend Pouncey now while he's had some subpar play. He'll be fine, and I don't want to even think about Sean Mahan projects.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Sign Starling Marte and Andrew McCutchen
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    Try to get Cortez Allen at a good rate for a 5 year deal before he breaks out. Otherwise, extend Pouncey now while he's had some subpar play. He'll be fine, and I don't want to even think about Sean Mahan projects.
    2 excellent suggestions. I could live with either one of these much better than overpaying for sanders.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'd be down for signing Breaston or Caldwell... or giving Pouncey and Cortez Allen extensions.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Breaston for min...I would be ok with that. Now that the deadline passed where FA don't count against comp picks, I would look at Caldwell. I like Bronco but I think Caldwell may be a better swing interior guy on game day. Also, with Adams being down awhile and the deadline passing I would take a serious look at Barry Richardson. Haley knows him and also knows the inside of the "shoving incident". I personally like his fire. Young and very experienced. Let him & Whimper battle it out for a roster spot.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Richardson would be a good signing
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa