Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Wallace prefers Dolphins' culture over Steelers'

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

the only thing WALLACE prefers over Pittsburgh is the sun, no state taxes and a soft fan base who will overlook his toughness for his big play potential.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    the only thing WALLACE prefers over Pittsburgh is the sun, no state taxes and a soft fan base who will overlook his toughness for his big play potential.
    That's actually a list of THINGS he prefers over Pittsburgh!

-Sun
    -No State Taxes
    -Soft fan base who'll overlook his "lack of toughness" for his big play potential

And I'll add another:

-Money (which is probably at the top of the list)

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Stonio isn't a cancer in NYJ... he is the least of their problems.
    I'd disagree with that. He may not be their biggest problem, but he isn't part of the solution. I remember a game with the Jets getting blown out, and Stonio and Plax sitting together on the sidelines and moping about not getting their catches.

Holmes is a turd with absolutely no leadership abilities. You would think that a former SB MVP with a huge salary would be a team leader, but what has he done to help bring cohesion to that mess?

Legend

User Info Menu

FWIW, I read where Wallace talks about the difference, but he is hardly bashing the Steelers. There are differences between the two, thats all.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Mike enjoys being free of the weight of high expectations....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Mike enjoys being free of the weight of high expectations....
    Exactly. Right now he's being treated like a king and he's probably loving it. It's like starting any new job ...everyone's expectations are high and you're high off the attention. Just wait until a season or 2 goes by. Then we'll see.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I'd disagree with that. He may not be their biggest problem, but he isn't part of the solution. I remember a game with the Jets getting blown out, and Stonio and Plax sitting together on the sidelines and moping about not getting their catches.

Holmes is a turd with absolutely no leadership abilities. You would think that a former SB MVP with a huge salary would be a team leader, but what has he done to help bring cohesion to that mess?
    WR aren't team leaders... they were moping about not getting their touches in a blowout? Wow.. maybe it's because they believe if they touched the ball they wouldn't get blown out!

WR as a leader? LOL... without a great QB there is no such thing as a WR who leads. It's not possible.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slapstick View Post
    mike enjoys being free of the weight of high expectations....
    bingoooooooooooooooooo!

Legend

User Info Menu

WR aren't team leaders... they were moping about not getting their touches in a blowout? Wow.. maybe it's because they believe if they touched the ball they wouldn't get blown out!

WR as a leader? LOL... without a great QB there is no such thing as a WR who leads. It's not possible.
    Holmes is a cancer. Not as bad as TO. But team players (and especially captains) don't do this:
    [URL]http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?storyId=7411183&city=newyork[/URL]

That's NOT how "you be great"
    Last edited by Eich; 05-28-2013 at 04:00 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Hines Ward was a leader. You would see him hold others accountable, not bring others down with his wallowing in self pity.