Ahh... the obvious choice. Hines Ward. The undersized, overlooked, slow, hard working, scrappy WR. I know I will get slack for this but here I go...

Hines Ward was definitely a leader... but he also held out for more money, called Ben out multiple times, cried to the media anytime they mentioned a big WR.. but he blocked better than anyone in the biz and did all the dirty work that a WR with a ton of physical gifts wouldnt be required to do.

So... I'll give you Ward but thats one WR and the reason you cant name 5 or even 3 is because 95% ofthe NFL WR's in the league arent undersized WR who had to scrap to make the team.

Not trying to knock Hines but I need a few more examples of true #1 WR's. I think Hines is a HOFer but I think he is a Hofer because of his intangables.. blocking, toughness, grit, durability but he is way down the list when speaking of #1's.

List the top 15 WR's. Nope.. dont see it. Steve Smith is the only one that comes to mind but he is the same size as Hines My point, short man complex... lol. I just dont think WR's are built to be leaders. The best WRs are selfish and demand the football.