Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 51

Thread: Mike Wallace prefers Dolphins' culture over Steelers'

  1. #41
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,014
    As much as I love the Steelers, I would too.

  2. #42
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,348
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Look at Larry Fitzgerald. He's arguable one of the top 2-3 WRs from a talent perspective, and the Cardinals are absoulte garbage at the QB position. He could have sulked, demanded a trade or been otherwise behaved in Holmes-esque fashion. Instead, he makes the best of a bad situation and trys to help others on his team.
    Larry Fitz signed a $120 mill contract in 2011... he is the primary reason for their bad situation.

  3. #43
    Hall of Famer fezziwig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,789
    I will watch the Steeler games all the way back to 2004 and obviously up to the current time. Yes, our Steelers were more excited when playing, more enthusiastic and showed the college/young attitude. No Kidding !!! They were younger, not very removed from college ! Of course the Dolphin players are going to be more hyped up or show more desire, they I'm guessing are young and never won anything. Can anyone say that what excited them back in their college days or prior to having children gives them the same thrill or response as today ? People/players mature and the difference between the Steelers and many other teams or players are, the Steelers are not acting like they've been there before, they have been there before nd more than once.
    " We'll do the same thing we always do, we'll take every situation from week to week and do what we think is best for that week and evaluate it on that basis.. If cheating will give us the edge as it has always done then, we will continue to cheat. " Bill Belichick

  4. #44
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,348
    Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    I will watch the Steeler games all the way back to 2004 and obviously up to the current time. Yes, our Steelers were more excited when playing, more enthusiastic and showed the college/young attitude. No Kidding !!! They were younger, not very removed from college ! Of course the Dolphin players are going to be more hyped up or show more desire, they I'm guessing are young and never won anything. Can anyone say that what excited them back in their college days or prior to having children gives them the same thrill or response as today ? People/players mature and the difference between the Steelers and many other teams or players are, the Steelers are not acting like they've been there before, they have been there before nd more than once.
    I agree (I think).... The Dolphins are hungry, young and have high expectations.. throw in the sun, fun, women and 70 mill and sure, it's a great place to be.

    I wonder how Wallace will feel when they are 5-9 and headed up to Buffalo in December.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I agree (I think).... The Dolphins are hungry, young and have high expectations.. throw in the sun, fun, women and 70 mill and sure, it's a great place to be.

    I wonder how Wallace will feel when they are 5-9 and headed up to Buffalo in December.
    The point is that they don't have high expectations...they just have to do better than last year...

  6. #46
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,930
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Larry Fitz signed a $120 mill contract in 2011... he is the primary reason for their bad situation.
    Not at all. The Cards still paid a ton of money to Kolb and have otherwise invested in the QB position (drafting Lienert). They just have problems from a talent evaluation perspective. They had a first and second round running back - both were awful. They had a good D. They just had no QB and a bad offensive line (also stocked with some highly drafted disapointments).

  7. #47
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,233
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    that's because the women in Miami are so fine...

    There's a buttload of gay folks in Miami as well. Wally should just come out of the closet already

  8. #48
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,233
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Where can I get some of that. Even my internal logic does not make sense to me.
    My internal logic doesn't make sense either. I think I make more sense when I don't think.

  9. #49
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,348
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Not at all. The Cards still paid a ton of money to Kolb and have otherwise invested in the QB position (drafting Lienert). They just have problems from a talent evaluation perspective. They had a first and second round running back - both were awful. They had a good D. They just had no QB and a bad offensive line (also stocked with some highly drafted disapointments).
    They drafted Leinart before Fitz's huge contract...

    and in 2011 when he signed for $120 mill and they asked him who he wanted at QB he said this:

    "Recently ESPN reported that the Cardinals asked for Fitzgerald's thoughts on whom the team should bring in to play quarterback, and the star wide receiver mentioned both Marc Bulger and Kevin Kolb as quarterbacks he'd be interested in lining up with."

    So Larry got what he wanted so he doesn't really have a reason to act out. Now, if he was on the tail end of a contract or if he preferred a different QB and Kolb was forced on him who knows how Fitz would handle it.

    Don't get me wrong... I think the guy is a class act but he is being paid some serious money.

  10. #50
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,233
    In honor of Wally playing in South Beach, he needs a new nickname.

    How bout Tuna Roll?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •