Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Roethlisberger likes the revamped offense

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain QB View Post
    This is what Steelers fans say in the offseason:

"Ben should only be a game manager! The Steelers need to establish their running game first and foremost! Ben doesn't need to throw the ball more than 20 times! Let the offense revolve around the RB!"

Then this is what Steelers fans say after a close loss:

"WHY DIDN'T BEN DO MORE!?"

no, that's only what YOU say Steelers fans say...
    Last edited by hawaiiansteel; 06-05-2013 at 09:34 PM.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    no, that's only what YOU say Steelers fans say...
    I think it's kinda funny when people make up other non existent people to drive themselves nuts. Then again, I think everything's funny.

Legend

User Info Menu

Hopefully with familiarity with the system. we get some improvement in the offense. It's lost it's most productive receiver and best running back off of a 20 something based ranking

Plus our only skill position player drafted in the top 2 rounds in the draft come opening day is
    our rookie RB bell with Heath not likely to start the season

of sure why some think this can be a dynamic offense. Hopefully I'm wrong

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain QB View Post
    Did you miss the part about Ben being given input in the offense? If that happened, yeah, I'd be a bit happier about the offense too. You're proving my point - you think the front office and ownership can do no wrong.

Embrace the fact Ben is the franchise QB, because ramming a new playbook down his throat will not work. I wish Art would have figured that out before last season..... instead of being butthurt it's not the good old days anymore.
    I don't know who you're disagreeing with...because you quote me and then reference something that I never posted...

My point is simply this:

Ben could have conducted himself last year in the manner that he is choosing to conduct himself this year.

I give him mad props for being mature and professional and coming in and communicating with Haley and the other coaches...

I just wish he would have done that last season...

What the FO has to do with this? I don't know...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Ben could have conducted himself last year in the manner that he is choosing to conduct himself this year.

I give him mad props for being mature and professional and coming in and communicating with Haley and the other coaches...

I just wish he would have done that last season...
    HE did communicate with Haley saying Offense will struggle..Last Season Ben went on to make a statement that WR/Offense will struggle with this new Haley offense...some people went after Ben saying he is not happy with Haley because of BA etc etc..but Ben told the truth

Ben continued to learn the Haley system like a good soldier..No other HOF QB would have been treated like that

And WRs did struggle last season...AB84 and MW went from Pro-Bowlers to mediocre....now i don't blame everything on Haley but he had a role to play...Even running game was mediocre..
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    HE did communicate with Haley saying Offense will struggle..Last Season Ben went on to make a statement that WR/Offense will struggle with this new Haley offense...some people went after Ben saying he is not happy with Haley because of BA etc etc..but Ben told the truth

Ben continued to learn the Haley system like a good soldier..No other HOF QB would have been treated like that

And WRs did struggle last season...AB84 and MW went from Pro-Bowlers to mediocre....now i don't blame everything on Haley but he had a role to play...Even running game was mediocre..
    That's not communicating. That's merely finger pointing.

This is communication:

“There's been some changes this offseason in some of the offensive philosophies, playbook and some things that I think are good,” Roethlisberger said as he began his 10th season with the team. “It's some compromise from all the different position coaches, the running back coaches, the line, and quarterback coaches. I think we've taken a little bit of everything and made it a lot better.”

On Tuesday, it was Roethlisberger who disclosed the offensive changes. “(Running backs coach) Kirby (Wilson) and Randy (Fichtner, the quarterbacks coach) and guys really wanted to contribute and get some points and some things across that they felt could help this team. We all did,” he said. “It was nothing about, ‘Let's change this offense.' It was about, ‘How can we get better?' We're making strides to be better.”
    And it could have happened last year...that's all I'm saying...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    It doesn't matter if Ben likes the new offense or not. Ben like the BA offense but didn't play with the consistency necessary make the offense a top 5 scoring unit. What matters most is how well will Ben play in the revamped offense. Ben has the ability to help make the offense a top 5 scoring unit. Will Ben play with the consistency necessary to help make the offense a top 5 scoring unit?
    maybe, maybe not... it was the first year of a new offense. The other team gets paid too.

I think it's hilarious that "now" Ben gets it June of his second year in a new offense. I'm pretty sure the rest of our offense is just now getting it as well.

Did people really expect perfection in our first year with Haley? What happens if the offense looks the same or worse?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    That's not communicating. That's merely finger pointing.

This is communication:

And it could have happened last year...that's all I'm saying...
    How could it have happened last year? Ben was having an MVP season before the injury. The media in Pittsburgh wanted a rift between these 2 and pretty much manufactured one. I don't see how Ben complaining after a loss "shocker" makes him into this selfish monster.

The media is playing fans like a fiddle with these non stories. I could see if it was his 4th year with Haley and he was pouting or acting out but it's pretty hard to have input into an offense when it's brand spanking new and you haven't given it a shot to see what works and what doesn't.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I think it's kinda funny when people make up other non existent people to drive themselves nuts. Then again, I think everything's funny.
    I know. A hundred.......no, a thousand, friends of mine told me that the other day during a parade in my honor.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    ...it's pretty hard to have input into an offense when it's brand spanking new and you haven't given it a shot to see what works and what doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    HE did communicate with Haley saying Offense will struggle..Last Season Ben went on to make a statement that WR/Offense will struggle with this new Haley offense...some people went after Ben saying he is not happy with Haley because of BA etc etc..

Can't have it both ways...