Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 72

Thread: Roethlisberger likes the revamped offense

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I've never had a problem calling Ben out...

    but after 10 years and 3 SB appearances one has to wonder why people are angry over Ben being butt hurt over losing his OC. It's not like we lost Arians in traditional fashion. We pretty much hugged the guy, asked Ben to take a photo with him and then stabbed him in the back once Ben left the room.

    Not sure why Ben is being called out for feeling some type of way after losing a guy he had a ton of success with.. it wasn't always pretty but it sure seemed to work more times than not.

    I think Ben has been very professional given the way the FO has operated the last few years.
    First, BA was NOT the OC for his first SB. Yes, Ben has gone to several SBs, true but "what have you done for me lately BA?
    Ben was digreesing, Dizz.

    I submit that the best "offense" by far under BA was his first season as OC.
    We had NO speedster like Wallace and Ben threw 32 TDs.

    Bens best with Wallace before was 26 TDs when he missed just ONE GAME.
    Ben did that last year while absent THREE games.

    We have more talent at receiver yet Ben numbers were worse.
    Since the SB LOSS Ben threw 17 Tds in 2010 and 21 in 2011.

    He threw 26 last year while MISSING THREE GAMES and suffering the most drops in his career.

    Forcing the ball deep too much created more sacks, stalled drives, and ironically results in FEWER TDs.

    Bens highes TD percent seasons are:

    2005- Before Arians as OC and Wallace
    2004- Before Arians as OC and Wallace
    2007- With Arians before he became obsessed with bombs to Wallace because Wallace was not on the team
    2013- No Arians and Wallace de-emphasized

    Fact Arians plus Wallace averages about 20 TDs a season for Ben.
    He had 26 last year

    Yes, Ben missed several games in 2010 when he had 17 TDs true.
    But in 2013 under Haley he DID THAT (17 TDs) in only 8 games.

    The whole we dont throw deep to Wallace enough with Haley hurts our offense, simply holds no merit whatsoever.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 05-31-2013 at 01:17 PM.

  2. #22
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,109
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    yep... it was definitely front page news on ESPN and the NFLN... there were talks about postponing the game if I remember correctly and I think we pretty much hopped off a plane and played the same day since we didn't want to disrupt families staying in hotels.
    Yeah. I would have been a 5 minute car ride from where they were supposed to stay

  3. #23
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,359
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    First, BA was NOT the OC for his first SB. Yes, Ben has gone to several SBs, true but "what have you done for me lately BA?
    Ben was digreesing, Dizz.

    I submit that the best "offense" by far under BA was his first season as OC.
    We had NO speedster like Wallace and Ben threw 32 TDs.

    Bens best with Wallace before was 26 TDs when he missed just ONE GAME.
    Ben did that last year while absent THREE games.

    We have more talent at receiver yet Ben numbers were worse.
    Since the SB LOSS Ben threw 17 Tds in 2010 and 21 in 2011.

    He threw 26 last year while MISSING THREE GAMES and suffering the most drops in his career.

    Forcing the ball deep too much created more sacks, stalled drives, and ironically results in FEWER TDs.

    Bens highes TD percent seasons are:

    2005- Before Arians as OC and Wallace
    2004- Before Arians as OC and Wallace
    2007- With Arians before he became obsessed with bombs to Wallace because Wallace was not on the team
    2013- No Arians and Wallace de-emphasized

    Fact Arians plus Wallace averages about 20 TDs a season for Ben.
    He had 26 last year

    Yes, Ben missed several games in 2010 when he had 17 TDs true.
    But in 2013 under Haley he DID THAT (17 TDs) in only 8 games.

    The whole we dont throw deep to Wallace enough with Haley hurts our offense, simply holds no merit whatsoever.
    I was talking about Ben being to 3 SB's and still being blindsided by the BA firing...

    As far as Ben regressing? I don't believe that at all....

    First off... sure, Ben had some ugly years but it's not all on BA and Ben. How many times have we (or any team for that matter) come back from a SB and played lights out the next year?

    Second... Ben had Holmes and Hines... these guys knew Ben's tendencies... these new guys? Not so much. Sanders started strong than got hurt. Brown was a weapon but didn't know the playbook. Wallace was a burner but shaky underneath. Gotta factor these things in as well.

    3rd... The D. Yes.. the D. The D that used to cause TO's... used to cause havoc... that D had great yardage and point stats but TO's, not so much. When you have to onside kick after scoring AT HOME it really says something about how bad the D was during that stretch.

    4th... the OL. a rag tag of a bunch the last few years... they deserve credit AND blame as well.

    5th... our schedules. Not trying to throw shade on those stats from last year but it's not like we played a gauntlet of a schedule in the first half. I prefer a 20 TD year with a 12-4 record over a 30 TD year with a 9-7 or 8- record.

    In closing... I'm not saying we need to go deep all the time. I'm not a fan of the bombs away because it's low percentage. I'm a fan of the intermediate... the 10 to 15 range where Ben and our WR's are the deadliest.

    I prefer Ben getting what he wants because I've seen more success with Ben when he gets to play his way even if it frustrates me at times. I know Steeler fans have SB expectations every year but I think it's hilarious to hear how Ben has regressed or isn't up to par because he didn't get us to 5 or 6 SB's or throw 35 TD's every year. That's never been his game and honestly, I think anytime Ben is throwing 35 plus TD's we more than likely won't make the playoffs because it means our D isn't stopping anyone.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 05-31-2013 at 02:43 PM.

  4. #24
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    First, BA was NOT the OC for his first SB. Yes, Ben has gone to several SBs, true but "what have you done for me lately BA?
    Ben was digreesing, Dizz.

    I submit that the best "offense" by far under BA was his first season as OC.
    We had NO speedster like Wallace and Ben threw 32 TDs.

    Bens best with Wallace before was 26 TDs when he missed just ONE GAME.
    Ben did that last year while absent THREE games.

    We have more talent at receiver yet Ben numbers were worse.
    Since the SB LOSS Ben threw 17 Tds in 2010 and 21 in 2011.

    He threw 26 last year while MISSING THREE GAMES and suffering the most drops in his career.

    Forcing the ball deep too much created more sacks, stalled drives, and ironically results in FEWER TDs.

    Bens highes TD percent seasons are:

    2005- Before Arians as OC and Wallace
    2004- Before Arians as OC and Wallace
    2007- With Arians before he became obsessed with bombs to Wallace because Wallace was not on the team
    2013- No Arians and Wallace de-emphasized

    Fact Arians plus Wallace averages about 20 TDs a season for Ben.
    He had 26 last year

    Yes, Ben missed several games in 2010 when he had 17 TDs true.
    But in 2013 under Haley he DID THAT (17 TDs) in only 8 games.

    The whole we dont throw deep to Wallace enough with Haley hurts our offense, simply holds no merit whatsoever.
    It's rare to read something I've never considered about the Steelers. Good work bud!

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Amazing what happens when you put ego aside and stop acting like a petulant child because your buddy got canned...
    I think it's even more amazing when the owner, who never played a down of football in his life, stops trying to tell the QB how to play.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain QB View Post
    I think it's even more amazing when the owner, who never played a down of football in his life, stops trying to tell the QB how to play.
    Especially since he never started...

    How have you been, Crash?

  7. #27
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    14,119
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain QB View Post
    I think it's even more amazing when the owner, who never played a down of football in his life, stops trying to tell the QB how to play.

    Art II is a meddlesome owner whose only desire is to return to the glory years of the 70s.

    Run the ball YOI!!!

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Art II is a meddlesome owner whose only desire is to return to the glory years of the 70s.

    Run the ball YOI!!!
    Personally I could care less what the run/pass ratio is at the end of the day. There is a line that an owner shouldn't cross. Art looked a little too much like Jerry Jones lite last year.

    Ben as the QB has to be comfortable in whatever offense he's playing in. If he isn't, then it won't work, no matter how badly Art wants it to. This perception that Ben is being "immature" about the offense or has an inflated ego is very misguided.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain QB View Post
    Personally I could care less what the run/pass ratio is at the end of the day. There is a line that an owner shouldn't cross. Art looked a little too much like Jerry Jones lite last year.

    Ben as the QB has to be comfortable in whatever offense he's playing in. If he isn't, then it won't work, no matter how badly Art wants it to. This perception that Ben is being "immature" about the offense or has an inflated ego is very misguided.
    No less misguided than the idea that "AR II" = "Jerry Jones"...

  10. #30
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,769
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain QB View Post
    Personally I could care less what the run/pass ratio is at the end of the day. There is a line that an owner shouldn't cross. Art looked a little too much like Jerry Jones lite last year.

    Ben as the QB has to be comfortable in whatever offense he's playing in. If he isn't, then it won't work, no matter how badly Art wants it to. This perception that Ben is being "immature" about the offense or has an inflated ego is very misguided.
    It's shortsighted by Ben if he doesn't give a new offense the chance to succeed. Yes, he had success under another offense but that was with different players. Ben knows by now that an offense must evolve with the players it has. I still believe the Steelers offensive woes will fade as the running game returns to something close to average or above. This relieves Ben of having to shoulder the entire load. Do you realize Ray Rice accounted for something like 30% of the Ravens offense? Think about what that could do for Ben.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •