Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Final 53 Prediction

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Final 53 Prediction

QB: Ben, Charlie and Dixon (3)

This position has been set since before training camp

RB: FWP, Mendenhall, Mewelde, Logan and Davis (5)

FWP, Mendenhall, and Mewelde were locks in the spring. Logan has just shown way too much on returns not to keep him. I would love to see Summers beat out Davis but I just don't see it.

WR: Ward, Holmes, Sweed, Wallace and McDonald (5)

These five guys will make our offense more dangerous this year. It's a well rounded group that brings a wide variety of qualities. Best WR unit in years!!!

TE: Miller, Spaeth and Johnson (3)

I would say that Johnson definitely earned his spot.

OL: Max, Kemo, Hartwig, Essex, Colon, Urbik, Legursky, Foster and Hills (9)

The team really needs depth at tackle. I wouldn't be surprised to see someone picked up after final cuts. Legursky has shown that he has position flexibility and that is something that Tomlin really likes with his backup OL.

DL: Aaron, Big Snack, Keisel, Hood, Hoke, Eason and Harris (7)

This is a group that needs some bolstering in the offseason but the starting 3 are experienced and will contribute to another deep playoff run. Hood has shown that he has the potential to be a substantial player for the organization for a long time. I think the team will cut ties with Kirschke to save cash and to be younger up front which is why I think Harris will make the final cut.

LB: Jimmy Hate, Timmons, Farrior, Woodley, Frazier, Fox, Woods and Bailey (

This is the best LB unit in the league, and it has some quality depth. I think Woods has the potential to be a very good player for the team down the road and Fox has gotten better than he was last year and he wasn't bad then.

DB: Ike, Gay, Troy, Clark, Deshea, Keenan Lewis, Carter, Ratliff, Burnett and Roy Lewis (10)

I like Roy Lewis making the team over Mundy because of position flexibilty and his tackling ability. I think this is a quality unit that will get better as the season goes on.

ST: Reed, Sepulveda and Warren (3)

All these were locked up before camp even started.

This is a really good team that I believe will have a great year and will contend for home-field advantage in the AFC. They are as good as anyone in the league and if they stay healthy could very well be playing in February.

Time to get it started. Bring on the Titans, its time for the towel to get its revenge.

<a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Final 53 Prediction

That would be my roster. Only change I would make would be Mundy for Roy Lewis.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Ditto except remove Davis and insert Redman. We really need someone that can punch it in like Redman can. I think Johnson can fill the blocking FB role. The only problem with losing Davis is that we are losing a good special teams player and if we don't keep Madison, that makes two very good special teamers that would be gone.

Also, I'd like to see Mundy instead of Carter. We need some young safeties and even though we'd lose a good experienced player in Carter, I think it would be worth it to keep Mundy who has the potential to be probably much better than Carter.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ben, Batch, Dixon (3)
    FWP, Mendy, Moore, Redman, Davis (5)
    Heath, Spaeth, Johnson (3)
    Ward, Holmes, Sweed, Wallace, McDonald, Logan (6)
    Starks, Kemo, Hartwig, Essex, Colon, Legursky (C/G), Foster (G/T), Hills (T), Urbik (G) (9)
    Hampton, Keisel, Smith, Hood, Eason, Hoke, Harris (7)
    Harrison, Timmons, Farrior, Woodley, Frazier, Fox, Bailey, Woods (
    Taylor, Gay, Troy, Clark, Deshea, K Lewis, Burnett, Mundy, R Lewis (9)
    Reed, Warren, Sepulveda (3)

PS: Reilly, Summers, Schantz, McClendon, Grisham, Shipley, Czech, and....can Capizzi still be on it?

Not a whole lot different there in my guess, but a couple guys are changed.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock
    Ben, Batch, Dixon (3)
    Starks, Kemo, Hartwig, Essex, Colon, Legursky (C/G), Foster (G/T), Hills (T), Urbik (G) (9)

PS: Reilly, Summers, Schantz, McClendon, Grisham, Shipley, Czech, and....can Capizzi still be on it?

DING DING DING..... WE HAVE A WINNER.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben, Batch, Dixon (3)

The only change I would make would be to cut Carey Davis (D.J. Johnson is a much better blocking FB than Davis, and having the Tank on the practice squad as a FB option who could be called up in case something happens to Johnson makes Davis expendable) and keep Arnold Harrison (people say we keep Davis on the roster for his special teams contributions, but A. Harrison would provide just as much, if not more, to our coverage teams than C. Davis did. Plus I think he is a better option as a OLB than Pat Bailey, who is almost strictly a ST player). I'd also officially classify Logan as a RB instead of a WR even though any impact he would have in the offense would be more out of the slot (a role similar to RB's Darren Sproles, Leon Washington, and Reggie Bush).

Ben, Batch, Dixon (3)
    FWP, Mendy, Moore, Redman, Logan (5)
    Ward, Holmes, Sweed, Wallace, McDonald (5)
    J. Harrison, Timmons, Farrior, Woodley, Frazier, Fox, Bailey, Woods A. Harrison (9)
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Ben, Batch, Dixon (3)

The only change I would make would be to cut Carey Davis (D.J. Johnson is a much better blocking FB than Davis, and having the Tank on the practice squad as a FB option who could be called up in case something happens to Johnson makes Davis expendable) and keep Arnold Harrison (people say we keep Davis on the roster for his special teams contributions, but A. Harrison would provide just as much, if not more, to our coverage teams than C. Davis did. Plus I think he is a better option as a OLB than Pat Bailey, who is almost strictly a ST player). I'd also officially classify Logan as a RB instead of a WR even though any impact he would have in the offense would be more out of the slot (a role similar to RB's Darren Sproles, Leon Washington, and Reggie Bush).

Ben, Batch, Dixon (3)
    J. Harrison, Timmons, Farrior, Woodley, Frazier, Fox, Bailey, Woods A. Harrison (9)
    Yes on keeping Redman! He proved to be more than one dimensional last night.

I am not totally sold on Burnett. I know he has had some good plays but has had some bad ones as well, which includes whiffing on a tackle last night. His stock as a potentially dynamic returner was devalued by Sproles, Im mean Logan's performance last night. I think he is on the bubble and Ratliff is not getting his due consideration as a competant veteran. Yes, Kiewan Ratliff is an ugly name but he is a proven commodity after all.

By the way, did anyone else notice that all of our tackles last night were made by the reserve secondary? KLewis 10, Mundy 6, RLewis 7, Burnett 6, Carter 3, Ratliff 3, and finally a LB BDavis 3.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Ben, Batch, Dixon (3)

Ben, Batch, Dixon (3)
    The only change is Ratliff for Roy Lewis. That gives a little more position flexibility and experience in the secondary. Hopefully Burnett can fill the role of gunner on ST instead of Madison and we can make up for the ST tackles that C. Davis had last year.

Ben, Batch, Dixon (3)
    J. Harrison, Timmons, Farrior, Woodley, Frazier, Fox, Bailey, Woods, A. Harrison (9)
    Taylor, Gay, Troy, Clark, Deshea, K Lewis, Burnett, Mundy, Ratliff (9)

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

"Also, I'd like to see Mundy instead of Carter. We need some young safeties and even though we'd lose a good experienced player in Carter, I think it would be worth it to keep Mundy who has the potential to be probably much better than Carter."

I will agree with this statement posted above. A surprise cut could very well be Ty Carter.....

6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel
    The only change is Ratliff for Roy Lewis. That gives a little more position flexibility and experience in the secondary. Hopefully Burnett can fill the role of gunner on ST instead of Madison and we can make up for the ST tackles that C. Davis had last year.
    FWIW, Roy Lewis has just as much position flexibility as Ratliff. Roy came to us as a UDFA CB last year, and the team also worked him at safety. I like his promise more than a guy that was let go by the Bengals and Colts defenses.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.