Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NFL Moving Draft to May Next Year

Legend

User Info Menu

probably IS about money like some of you say... But, OTAs and rookie camps already happen in May, so the calendar is kinda full already...

In my mind, i'm HOPING it turns out to be better for some of the draft picks... basically pushing everything back just a week (or three) and maybe there will be fewer kids who are impacted by finals...

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    probably IS about money like some of you say... But, OTAs and rookie camps already happen in May, so the calendar is kinda full already...

In my mind, i'm HOPING it turns out to be better for some of the draft picks... basically pushing everything back just a week (or three) and maybe there will be fewer kids who are impacted by finals...
    We would have guys like Wheaton (this year) and Adams (last year) available for OTAs...

Legend

User Info Menu

I think they are moving the draft 2 weeks later now (from the last weekend in April to mid-May) in anticipation of going back to the good ol' "safety first" Goodell 18 game plan in the future (there's the predictable money grab!). If they add 2 games to the season, that could push the Super Bowl from the first Sunday in February to Presidents' Day weekend (at least that would give most of us the Monday off following Super Bowl Sunday, though).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I think they are moving the draft 2 weeks later now (from the last weekend in April to mid-May) in anticipation of going back to the good ol' "safety first" Goodell 18 game plan in the future (there's the predictable money grab!). If they add 2 games to the season, that could push the Super Bowl from the first Sunday in February to Presidents' Day weekend (at least that would give most of us the Monday off following Super Bowl Sunday, though).
    I heard this same thing being discussed on the radio (mike n mike maybe). Sounds very plausible. They also said the 18 game season would bring the players a bigger payday because they're being paid for 18 instead of 16. Not sure how that works on a set contract amount, but maybe they were talking about future deals.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska