Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Starks Signs with Chargers

Legend

User Info Menu

Starks Signs with Chargers

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/21/chargers-max-starks-agree-to-one-year-deal/[/URL]

Best of luck to Max. He was far from a perfect left tackle, but he brought a lot of stability to the line, and was a solid citizen off the field.

Also, I hope that he is getting more than the minimum - if he is, he could qualify in the compensation pick formula.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm glad we finally parted ways. He is a good LT, but his best is behind him. Good luck #78
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

I fear we will regret this
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Well, if he can't play in the city with the best team, at least he gets to play in the city with the best weather!

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I fear we will regret this
    +1...I agree with you Ovi....Starks and Pouncy have been the foundation of the OL over the last 2 years. Time will tell...hopefully the young guys will step up this year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Anyone think Rivers will have a career year?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Anyone think Rivers will have a career year?
    Rivers does.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelfin View Post
    +1...I agree with you Ovi....Starks and Pouncy have been the foundation of the OL over the last 2 years. Time will tell...hopefully the young guys will step up this year.
    +3. add me to the list.

Legend

User Info Menu

Max, thanks for your contributions to this team over the years. Seemed to me you got better as you got older.
    Good luck with your new team...unless, of course, you're playing the Steelers.

Hope you weren't cut because of a personality conflict with the HC, as some have suggested.

Legend

User Info Menu

Add me to the list of those who agree with Ovi. Starks bailed out this team when Scott at LT proved to be an unmitigated disaster. I'm fine with giving Gilbert and Adams a shot, but given that Gilbert never seems to finish a game, I'd like better depth than Guy Whimper.