Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mark Kaboly Tweets from OTA's

Legend

User Info Menu

• Tomlin's message through first OTA: "Less talk and MORE work......................lol, how ironic

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    • Tomlin's message through first OTA: "Less talk and MORE work......................lol, how ironic
    I'm not sure that you understand the concept of irony...

Legend

User Info Menu

It would be very cool to have a D leader like we have in the past. That is no slam on Farrior. He was awesome, and will always be one of my favorite Steelers. Still, to have someone who makes that "splash" play to fire up the team is needed.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Glad to hear DJs getting first team reps. I know everyone was down on him early on (including me), but he seemed to be on the verge of something last season before he got hurt. I'm curious to see what Haley can do with him. I think he's got some talent we've yet to see.

Legend

User Info Menu

Mark Kaboly ‏@MarkKaboly_Trib:

Al Woods told me that the coaches told him they want him to play all 3 DL positions. Yes, that includes NT. He said he is running 2nd team NT

[URL]https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly_Trib[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Glad to hear DJs getting first team reps. I know everyone was down on him early on (including me), but he seemed to be on the verge of something last season before he got hurt. I'm curious to see what Haley can do with him. I think he's got some talent we've yet to see.
    I don't know. For some reason that bit of news didn't get me to doing backflips and stuff. I mean TS did not draft a TE this year. So if Miller is not ready then its Spaeth, Paulson and D. Johnson as the threat on critical 3rd down chain moving plays. Not particularly exciting to me.

Then theres the one about Woods playing 3 positions. Uh! Has he really done anything at his primary one, whatever that is. Oh well, so now he does nothing at 3 positions. I suppose that is an improvement.

Actually, I am not being negative here at all. I do not think either of those situations is a critical one and probably anything would be okay. But what this is about is TS used a 4th rd pick on a position that IMO was very low on the need list.

Like I said I am not being negative because the draft was sound. But another possible all pro type player was probably there between TS 4B pick and their 5th rd CB pick and it could have been a DL or even a TE that would have made this camp even more interesting.

Then again, maybe the 4th rd QB will actually see some playing time and lead TS to even greater heights.

Still it would be nice to have someone like Jesse Williams competing in camp. And then there was a TE taken early 6th rd Nick Kasa who was in some of the posters mock drafts. He would give the TE's we have here now a run for their money. I just looked him up and he is bigger and faster than Miller, Johnson and Paulson. Spaeth is about the same size. Kasa was converted from the OL to TE so he can probably block. He had little experience at TE but he sure looks he can catch the ball and run. He will probably help the Raiders a lot.

Like Tomlin said talking to a reporter about DJ running with the 1st team. "There's your story for today."

Well, there are always plenty of stories. Too bad the couple possibles I mentioned won't be among them.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Keyplay1 View Post
    I don't know. For some reason that bit of news didn't get me to doing backflips and stuff. I mean TS did not draft a TE this year. So if Miller is not ready then its Spaeth, Paulson and D. Johnson as the threat on critical 3rd down chain moving plays. Not particularly exciting to me.

Then theres the one about Woods playing 3 positions. Uh! Has he really done anything at his primary one, whatever that is. Oh well, so now he does nothing at 3 positions. I suppose that is an improvement.

Actually, I am not being negative here at all. I do not think either of those situations is a critical one and probably anything would be okay. But what this is about is TS used a 4th rd pick on a position that IMO was very low on the need list.

Like I said I am not being negative because the draft was sound. But another possible all pro type player was probably there between TS 4B pick and their 5th rd CB pick and it could have been a DL or even a TE that would have made this camp even more interesting.

Then again, maybe the 4th rd QB will actually see some playing time and lead TS to even greater heights.

Still it would be nice to have someone like Jesse Williams competing in camp. And then there was a TE taken early 6th rd Nick Kasa who was in some of the posters mock drafts. He would give the TE's we have here now a run for their money. I just looked him up and he is bigger and faster than Miller, Johnson and Paulson. Spaeth is about the same size. Kasa was converted from the OL to TE so he can probably block. He had little experience at TE but he sure looks he can catch the ball and run. He will probably help the Raiders a lot.

Like Tomlin said talking to a reporter about DJ running with the 1st team. "There's your story for today."

Well, there are always plenty of stories. Too bad the couple possibles I mentioned won't be among them.
    Any player is a "possible" All-Pro...the idea that 4th round rookies become All-Pro players in their first year is pretty pie-in-the-sky...possible, but not likely...

The 4th round QB is low on the priority list...provided that the #3 qb never needs to play...

Considering how many starts Charlie Batch has logged over the past few years, a younger, promising QB may turn out to be a fabulous idea...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I'm not sure that you understand the concept of irony...
    lol, how ironic

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Keyplay1 View Post

I personally would have preferred FS Philip Thomas or RB Marcus Lattimore with the 4th round pick used on Landry Jones, but I trust that the Steelers front office knows what they are doing here. After his sophomore season (4718 yards, 65.6 completion percentage, 38 TD's, 12 INT's), people were touting him as a future top-5 type of pick. He slipped because his junior and senior seasons did not live up to that early promise, but it is not as if he completely fell off a cliff and was useless these last 2 seasons...his numbers were still awfully good (4463 yards, 63.2 completion percentage, 29 TD's, 15 INT's and 4267 yards, 66.1 completion percentage, 30 TD's, 11 INT's). To get a guy with that production, prototypical NFL size (6'4" 229 lbs.) and a strong arm, I'll accept it as a bargain where we drafted him in the grand scheme of things (and we could certainly use a legit developmental QB behind Ben and Bruce now that Lefty and Batch have been shown the door).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I personally would have preferred FS Philip Thomas or RB Marcus Lattimore with the 4th round pick used on Landry Jones, but I trust that the Steelers front office knows what they are doing here. After his sophomore season (4718 yards, 65.6 completion percentage, 38 TD's, 12 INT's), people were touting him as a future top-5 type of pick. He slipped because his junior and senior seasons did not live up to that early promise, but it is not as if he completely fell off a cliff and was useless these last 2 seasons...his numbers were still awfully good (4463 yards, 63.2 completion percentage, 29 TD's, 15 INT's and 4267 yards, 66.1 completion percentage, 30 TD's, 11 INT's). To get a guy with that production, prototypical NFL size (6'4" 229 lbs.) and a strong arm, I'll accept it as a bargain where we drafted him in the grand scheme of things (and we could certainly use a legit developmental QB behind Ben and Bruce now that Lefty and Batch have been shown the door).
    TS would probably have drafted Philip Thomas if he were a CB and not another S. Same with WR Ken Stills but TS are really already overcrowded there. NT Jesse Williams was there and as it looks now with Woods becoming #2 there is room for competition there.

But the reason for this is not to nit pick what many think might be another huge Steeler draft. It is sort of taking a look at overall NFL teams draft strategy. For example:

Thoughout the 90's it seemed TS were compelled in later rds to take a FB in everydraft. None of them every made the team it seems and this was no surprise to most posters. Then of course they always seem to have to throw in a token QB. Can anyone recall any that ever made a significant contribution?

All teams seem to do this. In the later rds they tend to draft positions not addressed earlier to round the draft out and make it look pretty. This sort of violates the BPA concept. I just think this is a mistake. Let the other teams do it.

But the primary reason for this draft talk is I really do not recall a draft in recent years where just about all the players TS took were players that were in many of the mocks of the boards posters and if not in the mocks were players that were highly regarded [scouted] by the posters.

Usually in previous years, it seems after the players taken in the 1st couple rds its like Huh? Who's that? Never heard of him. Oh boy, Im thinking, the scouts have uncovered another gem. Uhh! That generally was not the case. But this year every player drafted it seems to me was mentioned a lot here.

The question is. Who is getting better at this draft stuff. The posters or TS. or better yet, Are TS finally catching up to the posters.