Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Kaboly Tweets from OTA's

Legend

User Info Menu

Mark Kaboly Tweets from OTA's

Early news from OTA's courtesy of Mark Kaboly:

• Steelers start first OTA with Adams at RT, Gilbert at LT
    • Kelvin Beachum lines up at center with second team.
    • Heath Miller didn't participate in practice, but was walking around without a limp, looked GOOD.
    • Isaac Redman looks as though he dropped "a few" pounds, in MAD shape.
    • TE David Johnson caught a pass with the first team, Tomlin approached reporters and said, "there's your story for the day."
    • Tomlin's message through first OTA: "Less talk and MORE work."
    • Ike on Cortez Allen: "If he stays healthy, he is going to be hell on a lot of people."
    • Troy Polamalu: "I don't read any positive or negative things. They are both dangerous to deal with."

Then he tweeted that he was in violation of team rules and couldn't tweet any more....
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Great news about Miller, I really thought he would have to start the season on the PUP. Never questioned the work ethic just the healing time.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

Ya know, for a man of few words, Troy really knows how to make an impact with them. Troy represents the ultimate balanced approach, but I sense this team also needs to find that s__kicking leader that can rally some emotion when needed. Especially on defense. Who can be that guy? I am not sure we have seen him yet.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Northcoast has nailed what I have been missing from the Steelers D. Ever since Joey left, I don't sense the same passion or swagger from the D. While Farrior was a great leader of the defense, he wasn't a fire and brimstone type of leader.
    I would love to see someone step up - not Foote - to take over this role.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    Northcoast has nailed what I have been missing from the Steelers D. Ever since Joey left, I don't sense the same passion or swagger from the D. While Farrior was a great leader of the defense, he wasn't a fire and brimstone type of leader.
    I would love to see someone step up - not Foote - to take over this role.
    Crap! Farrior was an awesome leader, and he is number TWO all-time of the Steelers best all time free agent pickups. Of course we all know who #1 is.

Farrior is on my list of the top 30 players of all time in Steeler history.

He just wasn't as vocal and idiotic as Joey was.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    Crap! Farrior was an awesome leader, and he is number TWO all-time of the Steelers best all time free agent pickups. Of course we all know who #1 is.

Farrior is on my list of the top 30 players of all time in Steeler history.

He just wasn't as vocal and idiotic as Joey was.
    Agreed. Vocal leadership is overrated.
    Ray is the ONLY player I have seen where it might have mattered.

Even then I question it. People credit Rays leadership but it was uni-brow playing out his mind that made the difference.

Had Flacco played at that level before they would have multiple rings with him.

Joey screamed and shouted for years and it didn't matter just like Lloyd before him.

The one time Joey's PERFORMANCE in the playoffs matched his yapping we won the SB.

You never saw the 70 Steelers have pregame pep sessions all the time to get amped for a game.

People rave about Peyton as a leader because he is vocal. How come his little brother (and Ben) have more rings?

Leadership is making plays, and not choking under pressure. Screaming at receivers only transfers YOUR tension to them.

Santonio drops a touchdown and Ben doesn't scream like a little girl but shows confidence in his guy goes BACK to him for the winning touchdown in the biggest game of his the life.

Leadership by example is all that really matters.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 05-26-2013 at 11:00 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Agreed. Vocal leadership is overrated.
    Ray is the ONLY player I have seen where it might have mattered.

Even then I question it. People credit Rays leadership but it was uni-brow playing out his mind that made the difference.

Had Flacco played at that level before they would have multiple rings with him.

Joey screamed and shouted for years and it didn't matter just like Lloyd before him.

The one time Joey's PERFORMANCE in the playoffs matched his yapping we won the SB.

You never saw the 70 Steelers have pregame pep sessions all the time to get amped for a game.

People rave about Peyton as a leader because he is vocal. How come his little brother (and Ben) have more rings?

Leadership is making plays, and not choking under pressure. Screaming at receivers only transfers YOUR tension to them.

Santonio drops a touchdown and Ben doesn't scream like a little girl but shows confidence in his guy goes BACK to him for the winning touchdown in the biggest game of his the life.

Leadership by example is all that really matters.
    (Geesh, the forum engine won't let me post this, it says "message too short, minimum eight characters required". OK, here they are: "Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs". Let's see if that works ... )

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

I was actually referring to the intimidation factor. I don't think opponents fear the Steelers D as much as they have in the past. A team can try to intimidate with words, but as Captain L says, if they can't back it up with play, then it becomes a joke. Much like that Tomlinism "unleash hell in October" has become a part of his legacy. G Lloyd was one scary mofo, plain and simple. Even his own teammates stayed away from him. But, he could change a game in a heartbeat. He could make plays. Teams feared Troy in his prime, but I sense even he doesn't command the same attention from an offense now.

Rookie

User Info Menu

In no way do I underestimate Farrior's contributions or leadership. He was incredible as a player and a leader. I just liked Joey's theatrics.

But then again, I much preferred Cowher's sideline antics, over Tomlin's cool persona. I guess it's just personal preference.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Remember Lee Flowers talking trash and acting big then getting burnt?