Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mark Kaboly Tweets from OTA's

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Keyplay1 View Post

The question is. Who is getting better at this draft stuff. The posters or TS. or better yet, Are TS finally catching up to the posters.
    Given that most of us do a bunch of mocks, we're bound to be right on some guy somewhere. If Colbert posted mock drafts like we do and discussed with us what he thought about different players, he'd look like a genius and make us all look like dummies.

Plus for me personally, I usually just watch highlights of as many players as I can, but the real pros watch every play of these college guys. Sometimes I'll see a team multiple times and a certain guy will stand out. But how the heck do you compare them to other guys playing in a zillion other games?

Plus we benefit from the guys connected to the pros that find out who teams like and that helps us zero in on who to consider. So it's like the NFL gives us a bit of a boost telling us which players to go look at and decide from. It's not like any of us know about this athletic freak from Samford College.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Keyplay1 View Post
    TS would probably have drafted Philip Thomas if he were a CB and not another S.
    Why? We lost both Will Allen and Ryan Mundy this offseason, so there was little-to-no depth (only the likes of Robert Golden and Da'Mon Cromartie-Smith) behind the oft-injured Troy Polamalu and Ryan Clark. And since both Clark and Troy are both aging, I thought we could use a heat-seeking missile type to be our future at strong safety (Shamarko Thomas) as well as a ball-hawking centerfielder type to be our future at free safety (Philip Thomas). Since we had the tendency to double-down on positions of need in recent years, and the relative strength of the safety position in the 2013 draft (certainly much better when compared to the poor depth at safety in the 2012 draft...very little behind Mark Barron and Harrison Smith), I thought back-to-back safety picks in the 4th round would have made a ton of sense.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Why? We lost both Will Allen and Ryan Mundy this offseason, so there was little-to-no depth (only the likes of Robert Golden and Da'Mon Cromartie-Smith) behind the oft-injured Troy Polamalu and Ryan Clark. And since both Clark and Troy are both aging, I thought we could use a heat-seeking missile type to be our future at strong safety (Shamarko Thomas) as well as a ball-hawking centerfielder type to be our future at free safety (Philip Thomas). Since we had the tendency to double-down on positions of need in recent years, and the relative strength of the safety position in the 2013 draft (certainly much better when compared to the poor depth at safety in the 2012 draft...very little behind Mark Barron and Harrison Smith), I thought back-to-back safety picks in the 4th round would have made a ton of sense.

exactly. i think the landry jones pick was a huge mistake

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    who would you have chosen instead?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Backup

User Info Menu

The Landry Jones pick is most likely going to be boom or bust.... If Ben stays healthy for the next 5 plus years, then i would say it is a bust. If Ben goes down (as he often does), maybe the kid steps in (Like a Russell Wilson or Kirk Cousins) and proves that he is the next Franchise QB of the black and gold.

Rookie

User Info Menu

He's a frickin' fourth round pick...

If you can get any production out of a day three pick, you've done well...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    He's a frickin' fourth round pick...

If you can get any production out of a day three pick, you've done well...

I agree, anyone who thinks selecting Landry Jones in the 4th round was a huge mistake is well, mistaken.

first off, it's only a 4th round pick and like you said if you get any production out of Jones it's merely a bonus. also, there's absolutely no guarantee that the guy you would have selected instead of Jones would ever produce let alone be on the team in a few years.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I hope we don't get spit for production from Landry Jones for the next 6-7 years UNLESS we are winning games 66-0. I HOPE he collects awesome paychecks for just sitting and watching games.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I agree, anyone who thinks selecting Landry Jones in the 4th round was a huge mistake is well, mistaken.

first off, it's only a 4th round pick and like you said if you get any production out of Jones it's merely a bonus. also, there's absolutely no guarantee that the guy you would have selected instead of Jones would ever produce let alone be on the team in a few years.
    I agree, Landry Jones has all the tools to be an effective if not elite QB in the NFL. He is smart, tall, has a strong arm, accurate and productive. He can make all the throws. The knock is on his desire.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    based on your post history everything they do is a mistake...lol