Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy At OTA's In "Awesome" Shape

Legend

User Info Menu

Troy At OTA's In "Awesome" Shape

I cannot quote the article that read this on, but I'll paraphrase a little. Evidently Troy has been working out like a "mad man" since the season ended and showed up for OTA's in the best shape he's been in since his playing days at USC. Troy has been going about the training facility with a renewed fire and vigor, and was quoted as saying [paraphrase] He's not even considering retiring from football next year at the age of 32. So, there we have it, it's what we've all been hoping for, I think this is a very positive indicator of where this season may be headed!

-Joos
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

We all love Troy, but he never comes to camp out of shape. He works out with Marinovich's dad and often stays with him through OTAs and shows up in great shape. Troy's problems always come when the rest of his body is exposed to massive amounts of reckless contact. That is what makes us love him, and that is what has also caused him to miss so many games over the years......not unlike our star QB.

Legend

User Info Menu

If Troy can stay healthy for a full season, and find that unique burst he has again...that is 2 more wins. Looking at this season I think 10-6...but with a healthy Troy all season I would say 12-4. Here is to wishful thinking.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    If Troy can stay healthy for a full season, and find that unique burst he has again...that is 2 more wins. Looking at this season I think 10-6...but with a healthy Troy all season I would say 12-4. Here is to wishful thinking.
    A Troy like that might be worth even more. He becomes the focal point of the opposing O. He becomes the gameplan guy, the player who they look for and follow on every play. He takes the attention away from others, which is to their benefit.

Legend

User Info Menu

Well, there are those on this board who characterized Troy as fat and out of shape, therefore that was why he was injured and milking the calf thing. I think it's great news and I hope that he indeed stays healthy all year, and I agree with Shawn, a full season of healthy Troy is bad news for the rest of the league, especially Joe Flacco.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    A Troy like that might be worth even more. He becomes the focal point of the opposing O. He becomes the gameplan guy, the player who they look for and follow on every play. He takes the attention away from others, which is to their benefit.
    With "that" Troy all others in defense gain. The QB has to look for him and that second split make easier the OLBĀ“s play.
    Steeler Nation in Spain

Legend

User Info Menu

in shape like the last 3 years where he missed 1/3 of the seasons?

Legend

User Info Menu

Does this imply he didn't take "being in shape" as serious the past few seasons?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd rather he work out with Ike in the offseason. Heck, even Farrior once said working out with Ike extended his career and put him in the best shape of his life.

At least Jarvy works out with Ike

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Does this imply he didn't take "being in shape" as serious the past few seasons?
    No. You inferred that...