Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Six Steelers Who Must Step Up in 2013

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by williar View Post
    +1

If these two can stay healthy, for a change, we might be on to something!!
    If 1 of them is 100%, I'd say we're a SuperBowl contender.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think Woodley is the guy that the Steelers need to step up the most. He needs to play like a player with a salary in excess of $10 million per year. His salary makes releasing him almost impossible, so he needs to step up and play like the player he was before the last season and a half. We he gets matched up individually with an OT or a TE, he needs to win.

On the offensive side, I think the tackles are key because they are the ones primarily responsible for keeping Ben upright. If Ben is upright, I always like the Steelers chances.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I think Woodley is the guy that the Steelers need to step up the most. He needs to play like a player with a salary in excess of $10 million per year. His salary makes releasing him almost impossible, so he needs to step up and play like the player he was before the last season and a half. We he gets matched up individually with an OT or a TE, he needs to win.

On the offensive side, I think the tackles are key because they are the ones primarily responsible for keeping Ben upright. If Ben is upright, I always like the Steelers chances.
    All we know how good Woodley is able to play. Therefore we get angry when he does not fulfill.
    Steeler Nation in Spain

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSpain View Post
    All we know how good Woodley is able to play. Therefore we get angry when he does not fulfill.
    I think many Steelers fans are angry at Woodley because he let himself get out of shape, there's no excuse for a highly-paid professional athlete to do that.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I would take Worilds and Hood off of this list. I might be time for both to show what they can do, but it is not imperative for the Steelers to succeed.

If Worilds does not step up, there is a contingency plan in JJ. Same goes for Hood with Heyward. It is likely that one of these players can step in.

However, Woodley, Gilbert, and the receivers are a lot more important. We don't have much of a backup plan at LT. A strong Woodley is a huge step back for our D. The receivers are our top two options at the position, and neither played up to potential last season. Add Troy to the list as someone already mentioned and there is a solid 5 for improvement
    Hood should be removed from the list, because he simply doesn't have the ability (to step up); he is what he is. Heyward is more a candidate to be on this list--he's younger, and potentially one can see a jump (in his play). Adding Troy to the list? I think it's wishful thinking. He is past his prime health-wise, and we can only hope he can play a majority of games this year.

My six would be:
    Woodley
    Emmanuel Sanders
    Le'veon Bell
    Heyward
    McLendon
    Tez Allen