Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shamarko Thomas is first Steelers draft pick to sign

Legend

User Info Menu

Shamarko Thomas is first Steelers draft pick to sign

Shamarko Thomas is first Steelers draft pick to sign

Posted by Josh Alper on May 16, 2013

The Steelers have joined the list of teams with draft picks under contract.

The team’s communications coordinator Burt Lauten announced Thursday that the team has reached agreement on a contract with fourth-round pick Shamarko Thomas. The former Syracuse safety was the 111th overall pick in last month’s draft.

Thomas made a name for himself as a hitter while in college and profiles as the Steelers’ third safety behind Ryan Clark and Troy Polamalu as a rookie. At a shade under 5-foot-9, there are some questions about whether his height will be a liability in the NFL. Clark takes a differing view, saying recently that he thinks the Steelers got a steal in the fourth round because teams were overly concerned with Thomas’ size.

With Thomas in the fold, the Steelers have eight draft picks left to sign.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/page/2/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Glad to see he signed. With his parents gone, he prob. needs the money more than most to help with his siblings.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

Hope this guy becomes a star. Really need help at Safety.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

The rest will likely have to wait a couple more weeks until we reach June (when we get more money back via the Willie Colon release).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    The rest will likely have to wait a couple more weeks until we reach June (when we get more money back via the Willie Colon release).
    Except for Jones who will sign one day prior to camp as per tradition. I do think that the 15th pick in the draft has signed--Vacarro.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Can't wait to see all our picks signed. I'm finally starting to come around to Shamarko Thomas potentially being our starting strong safety within a year or two.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Good. With the way Clark plays, and Polamalu with his calf made of fine-china... we'll want a talented guy like Thomas waiting in the wings.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Good. With the way Clark plays, and Polamalu with his calf made of fine-china... we'll want a talented guy like Thomas waiting in the wings.
    Yeah, because of their age, injury history, and the way both Troy and Clark tend to throw their bodies around with reckless abandon, I was hoping we would double dip at safety (like we have double dipped with other positions in the draft in recent years), taking human missile SS Shamarko Thomas with our first 4th round pick, and taking ball-hawking FS Philip Thomas with our second 4th round pick (instead of QB Landry Jones).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah, because of their age, injury history, and the way both Troy and Clark tend to throw their bodies around with reckless abandon, I was hoping we would double dip at safety (like we have double dipped with other positions in the draft in recent years), taking human missile SS Shamarko Thomas with our first 4th round pick, and taking ball-hawking FS Philip Thomas with our second 4th round pick (instead of QB Landry Jones).

exactly. our 5 year backup qb could have been dysert a couple rounds later

Legend

User Info Menu

The Landry Jones pick will prove to be a good one.