Thread: Former Steelers PS OG Ryan Lee waived by Saints

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Backup

User Info Menu

Former Steelers PS OG Ryan Lee waived by Saints

I knew he had so much fans.

[URL="http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/saints_waive_former_steelers_practice_squad_ol_rya n_lee_on_monday/13606526"]http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/saints_waive_former_steelers_practice_squad_ol_rya n_lee_on_monday/13606526[/URL]
    Steeler Nation in Spain

Legend

User Info Menu

Lee does not have the position flexibility that the coaching staff likes, but he did show promise in the preseason at OG. Right now, the top backups on the OL are Beachum, Malecki and Whimper. Blech. I'd like to see Lee brought in to camp to compete for a spot.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Lee does not have the position flexibility that the coaching staff likes, but he did show promise in the preseason at OG. Right now, the top backups on the OL are Beachum, Malecki and Whimper. Blech. I'd like to see Lee brought in to camp to compete for a spot.
    Maybe I´m mistaken but I read somewhere he can play OC. I´m not too sure.
    Steeler Nation in Spain

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd certainly taken Ryan Lee back. You can never have too much competition on the OL (especially considered how many of these guys got hurt last year).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

My personal thinking is we mostly RTs on our roster and could use some guys that could play any of the other 5 positions to come into camp to compete.