Thread: Brian Hoyer Released

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    i'm guessing they'll only carry 3 QBs, not 4 like they've done in some years...In drafting landry jones, Wilson was already likely to be cut... it's Gradkowski he's gotta beat out
    I assume you mean pre-season because I can't recall the Steelers ever carrying 4 healthy QBS. That is what I am referring to. Just for camp & preseason.

BB & Gradkoski aren't going anywhere. I doubt Wilson is even close to Hoyer. Wilson won't push Jones. Wilson hasn't thrown an NFL pass. You let Jones & Hoyer get the bulk of the pre-season work. That helps them evaluate the offensive skills players with capable QBs. More than likely, Jones shows enough to stick as #3. Best case...If they all stay healthy, Hoyer would become trade material or be cut after the second or third preseason game. It is the "worst" case scenario that makes getting him back favorable. Injuries or Jones really struggling could make them thin at QB quickly. I would rather have Hoyer go through a full camp and some preseason games & end up on the street. He could be an option during the season if an injury occurs if he is still available.

That would be my feelings but the Steelers will just go with what they have. If they all stay healthy & Jones is what they think he is...We should be ok.
    Last edited by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY; 05-14-2013 at 11:29 AM.