Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New 2014 NFL Mock Draft

Rookie

User Info Menu

New 2014 NFL Mock Draft

Hi guys, for those of you interested, I've put together an early look at some of the top prospects of the 2014 NFL Draft. Ideally to just get an idea of who to look for in this upcoming College season. Let me know what you think

[URL="http://www.footballdraftnotebook.com/MockDraft2014.html"]2014 NFL Mock Draft[/URL]

*The order was determined by the Vegas Superbowl odds as of last week

Legend

User Info Menu

I find Johnny Manziel very interesting. I don't consider myself a QB guru, but he passes the eye test. I don't know if I have ever seen a QB that passionate and competitive. The plays he makes sometimes just don't seem possible. The guy is a winner. For me, he is the top QB prospect in the 2014 draft.

Legend

User Info Menu

I see a glaring mistake you made in this mock draft.

you must be dyslexic, you have the Steelers picking at #23 and it should be #32...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I see a glaring mistake you made in this mock draft.

you must be dyslexic, you have the Steelers picking at #23 and it should be #32...
    I would be very happy if the Steelers do well enough to pick at #23 or lower. IMO this could be a challenging season because we did nothing to improve the OL which has to protect Ben.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I would be very happy if the Steelers do well enough to pick at #23 or lower. IMO this could be a challenging season because we did nothing to improve the OL which has to protect Ben.
    i think our oline may surprise people this year

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steel50 View Post
    i think our oline may surprise people this year
    I really hope so. Just don't understand the "wish and hope" plan we seem to have. When you have bars of gold you build and put them in the Gold Vault at Fort Knox, you don't put them into a Rent a Storage.

Ben is our bars of gold and we seem to be OK surrounding him with the Rent a Storage. Other than Pouncey, there isn't a single proven NFL Offensive Lineman on our projected OL.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

If the walls of Fort Knox are injured, it is the same as a "rent a storage"...

If the O-line is healthy, the season will work out well...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I really hope so. Just don't understand the "wish and hope" plan we seem to have. When you have bars of gold you build and put them in the Gold Vault at Fort Knox, you don't put them into a Rent a Storage.

Ben is our bars of gold and we seem to be OK surrounding him with the Rent a Storage. Other than Pouncey, there isn't a single proven NFL Offensive Lineman on our projected OL.
    I agree with you Ovi that we have to protect Ben so the offensive line has to perform. We invested 2 1st round picks and 2 2nd round picks in that line so if they can't play we are in trouble. Now if we have the injuries like we have the past couple of years then I think we are screwed since we don't have any depth right now but if we can stay away from those injuries I think this O-line can gel.

The starters have talent and if they can play together for the vast majority of the season we have a shot at the playoffs. If that doesn't happen we will probably finish around the same place we did this past year.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If you stand outside the doors of fort knox with a bar of gold in your hand for 10 seconds when there are people there that want to take your head off and steal your bar of gold, it doesn't matter where you have it. Sometimes the best thing to do with you bar of gold is to get it out of your hands and keep it away from everyone else.

Legend

User Info Menu

The OL is a huge wildcard this year. Take a look at the unproven potential that can fall either way - and that was not a shot at Gilbert.

Decastro - injured most of the year but was considered one of the best guards prospects to come out in quite some time. I wonder where he would have fit in this year in a draft where Cooper went 7th and Warmack went 10th.

Gilbert - decent first season playing RT, injured last year and took a few down with him.

Adams - Slow start last season but stepped up towards the end.

Beachum - looked awful in camp but did ok when called upon during the season.

All of these guys are young and have shown ability and in most cases improvement. If the trend continues upwards then any or all of these guys can be starters in this league this year. If they stagnate or fall back (again, not a shot at Gilbert) then we could be sunk.