Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steelers Scouting Reorg... any significance?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Oh, and Dan Colbert has been interning with the Steelers scouting department for the last two years...

Legend

User Info Menu

Why is it so hard for some to believe that any of these people are actually qualified to do their jobs? Dan Colbert has probably been exposed to more about football than anyone on this board to include how to evaluate talent, structure, organization, etc. His father is an NFL "lifer" and he has been there his whole life too.

I just find it funny how so many think this is a bad thing. What do they expect a job advertisement in the Post Gazette or on Monster.com?

The reality is most professionals get jobs because of networking and contacts. Why do they think the NFL is any different?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Why is it so hard for some to believe that any of these people are actually qualified to do their jobs? Dan Colbert has probably been exposed to more about football than anyone on this board to include how to evaluate talent, structure, organization, etc. His father is an NFL "lifer" and he has been there his whole life too.

I just find it funny how so many think this is a bad thing. What do they expect a job advertisement in the Post Gazette or on Monster.com?

The reality is most professionals get jobs because of networking and contacts. Why do they think the NFL is any different?
    I search for NFL scout every day on Linkedin. Surprisingly I've yet to find an opening. It would be an easy job. I'd just play a lot of golf and then ask someone like DeeDub or BigRob what they think.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    What do they expect a job advertisement in the Post Gazette or on Monster.com?
    Great line...