Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Max Starks prepared to part ways with Steelers

Backup

User Info Menu

Im afraid we are comparing apples to oranges here...

we don't have a 16 game season from Pouncey during the last two seasons to make that assessment.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ern McCracken View Post

we don't have a 16 game season from Pouncey during the last two seasons to make that assessment.
    Well, the comment was about the best offensive lineman on the team, not the healthiest. Pouncey is simply a better player than Max ever was.

Backup

User Info Menu

Who's comment are we talking about? If we are talking about mine.. I said Max was the best OL the last two seasons. If we look at on the field production... it's hard to dispute that. Is Pouncey a better player "When healthy"? I would tend to agree.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Who's comment are we talking about? If we are talking about mine.. I said Max was the best OL the last two seasons. If we look at on the field production... it's hard to dispute that. Is Pouncey a better player "When healthy"? I would tend to agree.

I think Pouncey has regressed since his rookie season and Max was definately the best lineman on the team in 2011. I thought he should have been the team MVP that year picking up for the failed Jon Scott experiment.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

If you can't make an assessment on how good Pouncey has been because he only has played a 16 game season once in his 3 year career, then we must have no idea whatsoever how good Ben is, since he has only played a 16 games season once in his 9 year career.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I think Pouncey has regressed since his rookie season and Max was definately the best lineman on the team in 2011. I thought he should have been the team MVP that year picking up for the failed Jon Scott experiment.
    I do remember Pouncey making the pro bowl the year the Steelers made the superbowl... yet missed half the year.. kinda like Troy has done in the past.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    If you can't make an assessment on how good Pouncey has been because he only has played a 16 game season once in his 3 year career, then we must have no idea whatsoever how good Ben is, since he has only played a 16 games season once in his 9 year career.
    lol.... apples and oranges again Ruth.. who are we comparing ben to?

Rookie

User Info Menu

lol.... apples and oranges again Ruth.. who are we comparing ben to?
    Other football players.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Other football players.
    Where did you see that in Ruth's post? I didn't see a comparison between Ben and other QB's. Maybe I missed something.