Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Greene retires: Doesn't Like Steelers attitude

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ern McCracken View Post
    I think it's a combination of the last two posts. Part of strong leadership is being able to change the entitlement type of attitude. It's only gotten worse since Tomblin has been on board.
    Under BC Hines held out when he was UNDER CONTRACT.
    Wallace abided by his contract and did not hold out until the terms were completed.

He was a resticted free agent with no signed deal so was NOT under obligation to show. Hines on the other hand WAS contracturally obligated.

Let's not pretend everything was all roses before tomlin came along.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Wallace abided by his contract and did not hold out until the terms were completed.

He was a resticted free agent with no signed deal so was NOT under obligation to show. Hines on the other hand WAS contracturally obligated.

hines never quit on the field tho

Administrator

User Info Menu

comparing hines to wallace is an embarrassment to hines.

At some point, organizational leadership needs to get this under control because it's currently out of control. It starts with players. If players won't do it then it's on Tomlin. He's the HC and regardless of what some think, he's expected to be in charge.

If Tomlin won't or can't do it then he's part of the problem and not a solution. Then, it's up to the FO including Colbert and Rooney.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    Joe Greene gets nothing but respect from me. But in this case, I cant help but feel like he's just another old guy complaining about "kids today."

There wasn't really any free agency when Mean Joe played, so he's right that there wasn't the one-upmanship that's here today. I think the Steelers recognized the players that had "issues" and got rid of them (Wallace, Mendenhall). Ryan Clark spoke about this today on espn. Greene even says that he wasn't around the team that much. He was a scout who lived in another city.

Pittsburgh's done about as good a job as possible through the years, but it's completely naive to think that this is the first time in history they've had some issues with "me first" players. Those guys don't usually stick around here too long, and this time is no different.

As far as Tomlin "losing" this team? That's laughable. Any time a team has a subpar season, people say this. They said it about Cowher, said it about Noll, and some say it about Tomlin. It's a lazy criticism. Criticize talent, criticize scheme, but saying a coach has "lost" his team is a weak argument.

Anyway, Joe Greene will go down as one of the greatest Steelers ever, but in this case he's off base.
    What a crock.

Keeping making excuses for this team and Tomlin. I keep hearing more and more excuses for this team including the players themselves. Excuses are for losers .... This team was 8-8 and 3rd in the division. We aren't "better than that" and quite honestly, we might be worse this season. Add to that, this team was obviously having locker room issues during the season and it's STILL going on. I don't want Tomlin gone, I want him to at least mitigate this damn problem now. By the way, where is our locker room "leaders"?

Mendenhall situation - Not showing up for a game
    Wallace situation - Obvious
    Ben and his dislike for losing Arians (& Haley) - Obvious as well.
    Woodley - His conditioning issue
    Clarks - Offseason comments
    Antonio Brown - Offseason comments about locker room issues and then his comments regarding Emmanuel Sanders

and now Joe Greene's comments....

To say this isn't a problem is ignorant as all hell.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    What a crock.

Keeping making excuses for this team and Tomlin. I keep hearing more and more excuses for this team including the players themselves. Excuses are for losers .... This team was 8-8 and 3rd in the division. We aren't "better than that" and quite honestly, we might be worse this season. Add to that, this team was obviously having locker room issues during the season and it's STILL going on. I don't want Tomlin gone, I want him to at least mitigate this damn problem now. By the way, where is our locker room "leaders"?

Mendenhall situation - Not showing up for a game
    Wallace situation - Obvious
    Ben and his dislike for losing Arians (& Haley) - Obvious as well.
    Woodley - His conditioning issue
    Clarks - Offseason comments
    Antonio Brown - Offseason comments about locker room issues and then his comments regarding Emmanuel Sanders

and now Joe Greene's comments....

To say this isn't a problem is ignorant as all hell.
    come on, dont you know that....

tomlin isnt.......
    responsible for motivating players
    responsible to be a leader
    responsible for undisciplined play(penalties)
    responsible for players on or off field conduct
    responsible for what condition the players are in
    responsible for players executing on the field
    responsible for developing players
    responsible for hiring or firing coaches

Starter

User Info Menu

it's that GHETTO azzzz rap music doing it.. the culture of the young black man, in today's world.. all that BLING BLING and music video's etc.. How many of the white players or other races MISBEHAVE?? Go look at the CRAP they post on twitter, etc..

dont' get sad or butt hurt cuz i'm speaking the truth.. Thats why I guess white coaches are better to lead a mostly black team huh??
    Black N' Gold Til' I'm Dead N' Cold...
    [url=http://img203.imageshack.us/i/32023126285034060670100.jpg/]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4...4060670100.jpg[/url]
    [url=http://img19.imageshack.us/i/steelertowngal.jpg/]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/107...lertowngal.jpg[/url]
    We don't have any cheerleaders but we do have a few of these \m/...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LordVile View Post
    it's that GHETTO azzzz rap music doing it.. the culture of the young black man, in today's world.. all that BLING BLING and music video's etc.. How many of the white players or other races MISBEHAVE?? Go look at the CRAP they post on twitter, etc..

dont' get sad or butt hurt cuz i'm speaking the truth.. Thats why I guess white coaches are better to lead a mostly black team huh??
    I knew Wally posted on this board :P

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I knew Wally posted on this board :P
    haha. I like when y'all run ur flaps bout me... im with the PHINS now, suckas!! i got paid.. $$$$$
    Black N' Gold Til' I'm Dead N' Cold...
    [url=http://img203.imageshack.us/i/32023126285034060670100.jpg/]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4...4060670100.jpg[/url]
    [url=http://img19.imageshack.us/i/steelertowngal.jpg/]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/107...lertowngal.jpg[/url]
    We don't have any cheerleaders but we do have a few of these \m/...

Backup

User Info Menu

comparing hines to wallace is an embarrassment to hines.
    You sure? The same Hines who preached on his facebook how people shouldnt text and drive and then a week later gets pulled over for a DUI? That Hines Ward?

Whether its money or off the field issues these players are all the same these days. Same with our children! our children today feel we owe them something and its a shame.

Can we beat our kids today? Did we get beat as kids? Does that make us horrible parents and should we be compared to our Moms and Dads type of parenting?
    Mean Joe Greene nor the fans shouldnt expect nor compare the 70's with 2013. My grandmother still has a rotary phone. I mean really! Joe and My Grammy are OLD SCHOOL.
    Do you think we could of really kept Bradshaw, Swann, Stallworth, Harris, Greene, Ham, Lambert, and Blount on the same team in today's NFL?
    Is it Mike Tomlins fault that he can't coach the way NOLL or Bill did?
    Last time i checked he sat Mendenhall down last year for breaking team rules didn he?
    We cut Rainey didnt we?
    He called out Willie Parker stating he walks by super bowl trophies, not rushing titles.
    He calls out Woodley's lack of effort on NFL FILMS the year we beat the Cardinals. Didnt Woodley end up Icing that game?
    If you want to judge Hines on just his 60 minutes of football afterall lets judge Tomlin on his actual COACHING actions then.
    Didnt Tomlin make the team start returning INT's in practice to the house? What happened again in the SB?
    Doesnt Tomlin do charity and public relation type events just as much as Hines has done?

If we can't parent the same as they did in the 70's its rather crazy to expect Tomlin to be able to coach like they did in the 70's.

Greene should go visit my GRAMMY and have some tea and talk about the 70's. Not all things were better back then including my Grandpa dying of Black Lung from the PA Coal mines. Some changes have been good while other things have not including our children and NFL football players being spoiled and feeling they are OWED something.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post

Didn't say that at all. Just said it was better under cowher