Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: When did you first become a Steeler fan?

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    City in Florida I live in. Named after the city on northern Spain.
    Thanks, you know why I ask you it then. BTW F1 driver Fernando Alonso was born in Oviedo.
    Steeler Nation in Spain

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Just thought the picture added some humor to a trend this thread has taken. The ample people in the cartoon seem suspiciously American to me.

"Never Been to Spain" is a great song, by the way. I'd love to visit your beautiful country one day.
    OK, I´m sorry but sometimes I don´t understand somethings because I don´t speak English very well.

Never heard that song. You are invited to come whenever you want.
    Steeler Nation in Spain

Backup

User Info Menu

He wouldn't have looked much better in one of those 2-pieces, though.
    That´s funny
    Steeler Nation in Spain

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSpain View Post
    OK, I´m sorry but sometimes I don´t understand somethings because I don´t speak English very well.

Never heard that song. You are invited to come whenever you want.

You are an asset to the Planet, Steeler bro. You do well in English. Wish I knew Spanish.

Backup

User Info Menu

You are an asset to the Planet, Steeler bro. You do well in English. Wish I knew Spanish.
    Thank you VERY MUCH FRIEND. I needed good words like that.
    Steeler Nation in Spain

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSpain View Post
    Thank you VERY MUCH FRIEND. I needed good words like that.
    Absolutely. Glad you are here.

Never Been to Spain ...

studio:
    [URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1uSxhFcJn4[/URL]

live:
    [URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKSrHMqQTEI[/URL]

Backup

User Info Menu

Absolutely. Glad you are here.

Never Been to Spain ...

studio:
    [URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1uSxhFcJn4[/URL]

live:
    [URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKSrHMqQTEI[/URL]
    Thanks. Yeah It´s true the ladies here are insane and sometimes mads
    Steeler Nation in Spain

Legend

User Info Menu

Born and raised in Toronto, Canada. In the '70's you were limited to at most 3 games a week plus the MNF. The Bills are our local team and there was never much to watch there. So the teams that were most often on nationally were Dallas, Oakland, and the Steelers. I'd watch alone as a young kid and which of these teams was the one that I wanted to follow. I don't remember if I was on board yet for the first SB victory, but definitely for #2 and beyond.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Born and raised in Toronto, Canada. In the '70's you were limited to at most 3 games a week plus the MNF. The Bills are our local team and there was never much to watch there. So the teams that were most often on nationally were Dallas, Oakland, and the Steelers. I'd watch alone as a young kid and which of these teams was the one that I wanted to follow. I don't remember if I was on board yet for the first SB victory, but definitely for #2 and beyond.
    The other two teams were bitter rivals with us, back in that day. They are still bitter.

BTW, Leafs in 7 ??? I'd enjoy that greatly.

Legend

User Info Menu

The other two teams were bitter rivals with us, back in that day. They are still bitter.

BTW, Leafs in 7 ??? I'd enjoy that greatly.
    I remember the rivalries very well and have enjoyed most of it - except 1995. As for the Leafs, my fan card pretty much expired about 10 years ago when I first got direct tv and started watching hockey from other markets. When the direct cards finally got zapped for good I couldn't go back to watching the plodding style of the Leafs. Must say though, after nine years it is good to see hockey back here, and the fan base has done a good job of keeping expectations in check. Very unlike Leaf fans. I'm sure that the Pens would much prefer to see the Leafs in the second round rather than the Bruins but either way it will be a physical series. The Leafs are not as good as Boston, but they would still be tough. Problem with the Leafs is that their tougher players have limited skill and can't play much. The Bruins have big tough guys who can play.

My son is dying for the Pens to win it, he is a huge Sidney fan, but you guys better get that goaltending under wraps otherwise you might find yourselves stuck with Luongo this off-season.